• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger sales tank

Ruger seems to have their hand in too many cookie jars. They take a lot of shots and make approachable/accessible firearms. Some are junk, some are knockouts. My LCP .380 decided to self-disassemble and toss it’s extractor in the snow. I replaced it and still carry it (after many more rounds for reassurance). My 20 year old 10/22 is a tack driver and functions flawlessly. I’ve found the SR22 is equally flawless and eats damn near everything, same as the SFAR I put another 200 rounds through just today (ridiculously light recoil for a gun that light in .308. And yes, It’s accurate, damn accurate for a battle rifle. If it holds up, it’s punching well above it’s weight class, I really love the SFAR).

I don’t know where I was going with this. What are their sales like compared to the rest of the market? Ruger does a lot well, but few things exceptionally well. I feel like they made be spread too thin to capture a significant (majority) share from any single market.
Ruger is one of the largest gun manufacturers in the US, they have huge buildings full of machines thru being in business for 74 years, they can make a shit ton of different products because they have the capacity to do so.

The quality problems stem from management deciding that quantity is more important and that's not in variety of product, but quantity of product they have to ship.

Get a Henry.

Or, go for the top of the line UBERTI.
From the looks of the samples I handled at the hunting show in PA, the new Marlins are a step above the Henry in wood and metal finish.

I'm not knocking Henry, they are decent, but so aren't the Remlins I already own. Actually, I consider the very late made Remlins pretty darn good, my examples function fine and have some pretty darn nice figured walnut. The metal is on par with Henry's blue'd steel as well. I bought them right before Remlins went nearly extinct for 400-500 each, before prices went nuts and I'm glad I did.

If I'm gonna pay a grand for a lever gun the Ruger Made Marlin is nicer, the new Winchesters.........

I'm not a fan of Uberti......wood doesn't look right color, and I've never seen one with decent figure in the stock. Just not my cup of tea, not saying they are a bad gun, because they aren't.

My whole point is, if they are gonna price it at 2500 like the 45-70 stainless they are peddling now........its gonna be no thanks. I can buy a high grade, color case hardened, grade 3 figured walnut Winchester for less than that.

From the looks of the samples I handled at the hunting show in PA, the new Marlins are a step above the Henry in wood and metal finish.

I'm not knocking Henry, they are decent, but so aren't the Remlins I already own. Actually, I consider the very late made Remlins pretty darn good, my examples function fine and have some pretty darn nice figured walnut. The metal is on par with Henry's blue'd steel as well. I bought them right before Remlins went nearly extinct for 400-500 each, before prices went nuts and I'm glad I did.

If I'm gonna pay a grand for a lever gun the Ruger Made Marlin is nicer, the new Winchesters.........

I'm not a fan of Uberti......wood doesn't look right color, and I've never seen one with decent figure in the stock. Just not my cup of tea, not saying they are a bad gun, because they aren't.

My whole point is, if they are gonna price it at 2500 like the 45-70 stainless they are peddling now........its gonna be no thanks. I can buy a high grade, color case hardened, grade 3 figured walnut Winchester for less than that.
$2500 for a 45-70? [rofl] ... that is entry level Sharps territory.

For $1500 I would rather buy a Winchester 1886 in 45-90 and save $1K for a Henry 45-70 ... BOOM!

I would just as soon buy a single shot 12ga and one of these to shot .45-70

Henry makes a single shot for around $550-600.
The cost of a shotgun + that + dealing with shotgun sights = not worth it for a single shot.

If you do it, use a SxS shotgun, but then you run into the issue of the barrels not being regulated for a proper double rifle.

Henry makes a single shot for around $550-600.
The cost of a shotgun + that + dealing with shotgun sights = not worth it for a single shot.

If you do it, use a SxS shotgun, but then you run into the issue of the barrels not being regulated for a proper double rifle.
$200 and comes with a scope base.

Also, for doubles, over unders are better, you just find which barrel has an elevation that shoots closest to POA. I tested .45 acp 250gr in mine and the thing hit dead within an inch of the bullseye and grouped very nice.

Heavier bullets are better for this, the POI is much closer to the POA than lighter, small caliber bullets.

It won't be that shotgun, but it's been my intention for a few years to buy an adapter, but primer prices and availability have kept me from doing it.

I'm waiting for a better time to get that project started.
I will give you 250 CCI LRM primers to get you started.

I really want to see how good this thing is.

$2500 for a 45-70? [rofl] ... that is entry level Sharps territory.

For $1500 I would rather buy a Winchester 1886 in 45-90 and save $1K for a Henry 45-70 ... BOOM!
2399 on sale at Grabagun......get'em while you can.

People actually bought them for 2700 as they've sold out a time or two. I cannot fathom that for a black fake wood stocked stainless lever gun.

2399 on sale at Grabagun......get'em while you can.

People actually bought them for 2700 as they've sold out a time or two. I cannot fathom that for a black fake wood stocked stainless lever gun.
$2700 for a Ruger lever actions is full retard plus.
$2399 is still full retard regular.

For the most part, I like Rugers, although they are starting to resemble McDonald's of guns with every conceivable permutation being made and sold, from SA Vaqueros to ARs to CCW to 5.7 to......they have to have their hand in everything.

And moderators: I don't like bans, or infringements on free speech, but PLEASE can we prohibit any images of Dylan Mulvaney and such. Nothing against adults who want to change gender, but they need to STFU. If you want to chop it off, do it already, and STFU!

[devil]

Back
Top Bottom