Ruger 10/22 stock legal in MA?

Read the real AWB in MGL (not the AG BS). You can definitely modify a 10/22 such that it violates state law and creates an illegal AW.

What if it's a legit Preban receiver?
It had to be constructed in AW configuration on/prior to 9/13/1994 . . . at least that was the BATFE interpretation of what was a legally exempt receiver/gun.

I have a 1986 vintage 10/22 but it has always been in a Deluxe Walnut stock and thus can never be reconfigured in MA in AW fashion legally.

Thanks for clarifying, mine is a 1989 and has had a collapsible stock since shortly after, so it's good. Still raise an eyebrow every time I hear a .22 being referred to as an AW....

Len,

Here's a scenario - Ruger 10/22 was "Evil" before the cutoff date - new evil stock is put on - "Grandpa's Axe*" rule apply?

* This is the axe Grandpa used to build his log cabin - we've replaced the handle 5 times, and the head 3 times, but it's the same axe.

Wait, didn't Maura say anything 22lr was exempt from the AWB?

Wait, didn't Maura say anything 22lr was exempt from the AWB?

Do you really think, "BECAUSE MAURA SAID SO!" is really going to be a defense in court when a DA wants to grind you under their heel and the letter of the MGL is on their side? It's the equivalent of,"but a cop told me judge!".

Len,

Here's a scenario - Ruger 10/22 was "Evil" before the cutoff date - new evil stock is put on - "Grandpa's Axe*" rule apply?

* This is the axe Grandpa used to build his log cabin - we've replaced the handle 5 times, and the head 3 times, but it's the same axe.

If it was assembled with the proper # of evil features prior to/on 9/13/1994 then it can be modified any way you like after that date too.

Do you really think, "BECAUSE MAURA SAID SO!" is really going to be a defense in court when a DA wants to grind you under their heel and the letter of the MGL is on their side? It's the equivalent of,"but a cop told me judge!".

MGL is clear black and white text. AG's BS is just that and won't stand up in court as a defense against clear MGL.

I think you need to get your sarcasm detector fixed.

Back
Top Bottom