• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Round or Square?

they are absolutely more efficient, that is why nearly all frozen and liquid food products sold to manufacturers (that aren't shipped in bulk) are packaged in buckets like that.

That price is insane though compared to what you can get them for used. Call around to any small to mid-scale food processors in your area and ask if they have buckets for sale or free. you likely won't get handles, but you should be able to get buckets and lids that just need to be cleaned. Avoid anything that held eggs as you'll never get rid of the taste and smell. frozen fruits are the best.

Last edited:
Couple of things,

If you want a gasket, those do not have gasketed lids like the 5gal round ones.

The round ones are cheaper in any quantity and are 20mils thicker. This means stronger sidewalls. You could stack them two high and use them for bench legs and they won't collapse. They'll stack full four or five high without any worry of collapsing.

The mylar liner bags fit the 5gal round buckets better.

I've used both (square 4 gal) and round 5gal and prefer the round ones with gasketed lids.

Uline is a geat company. You'll have your order the next day.

DEFINITELY. I put one caliber in each bucket, then stacked the emptier ones inside of each other. Didn't take up much space at all. I got lucky, my neighbor had a bunch and I took them off her hands.

Don

Back
Top Bottom