• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rosenthal's new anti-gun billboard is going up next week in Boston

Pilgrim parking are jerks for letting Rosenthal use their property for his propaganda.

The anti-gun violence group behind billboards that were displayed along a stretch of the Massachusetts Turnpike near Fenway Park for two decades says the organization will unveil a new one downtown next week.

The nonprofit group Stop Handgun Violence will reveal the new sign on a parking garage at 50 Dalton St. on Monday, according to a press release.

Monday is the third anniversary of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. Twenty-six people, including 20 children, were killed in the shooting.

According to a statement from Stop Handgun Violence, the new sign will honor the victims of that shooting, and “highlight how Massachusetts gun laws effectively stem the tide of gun violence.”

The billboard will read, “We’re not anti-gun. We’re for life.” It will include an image of a Bushmaster XM-15 assault rifle, with a white surrender flag planted in the tip of the weapon.

The words “Massachusetts Gun Laws Save Lives” will also appear on the billboard, above the name of the organization.

In April, the group, co-founded by John Rosenthal, placed nearly-identical signs on three dozen highway billboards statewide. The billboards were almost the same as the new one except the message said, “We’re not anti-gun. We’re pro-life.”

Billboard space was donated by Clear Channel, Logan Communications, Total Outdoor, and Outfront Media. All but four of the signs were digital displays.

But after some controversy and complaints by gun-rights advocates, the signs were quickly removed.

“This time, it won’t be coming down,” said Rosenthal in a telephone interview, referring to the latest sign.

Rosenthal’s group is perhaps best known for the provocative and oft controversial billboards that since 1995 had appeared on the back of the Lansdowne Street parking garage, adjacent to the Mass. Turnpike.

Rosenthal once owned the garage, but he sold it to the Fenway Sports Group, the parent company of the Red Sox, in 2013. The last sign in that space came down in June.

Steve Annear can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @steveannear.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ston-garage/X3rE7KsXvI6HXfVTnjepEI/story.html

Ah shit. I used to park there too. Welp I'll need to find a new place to park when going into Back Bay

I had to check the address: Thankfully its not where I park. Dipshit just wants some attention, nothing more.

Pretty sure the Germans had a decent hand in things. But f*** this weasel for putting that up

As everyone did, in one way or another.

But the audacity of some jews (who set the tone) to lecture their hosts how to live their lives, is what gotten all of us
to serious shit, again and again.

Those who say "never again", write a nice letter to Weaselthal and tell him that he's doing it again, otherwise, you're pathetic.
(Personally I believe it's going to happen again, and again, and again, if you must ask.)

If, fellow Jews, you don't think people - many, many pro 2A Americans see these news are not going "...... that Jew",
you're living in a pipe dream.

Last edited:
Real classy for him to continue to use the coffins of murdered children to push an agenda when several of the families have stated publicly they do not support these efforts.

John only got interested in the anti-gun movement because it was originally the Kennedy's cause. He grew up wanting to so badly be a Kennedy he'd be willing to blow-dry their balls if it meant getting let into that family.

As a multi-millionaire he starts charities for around 10k to milk the publicity. Fundraises money from other people and puts his kids/family into paid board member positions. The general public think, "oh this rich guy set up a charity" not realizing the charity isn't putting millions each year for the cause from his own wallet, but from sucker donors. They pony up the real cash and he takes all the credit. What a wonderful guy!

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.profile&ein=222866770

The only good news is none of the billboard locations on that garage are very large or prominent. New development by people other than Rosenthal (guy can't build a sandbox without a subsidy) will soon wall off or replace the garage.

Last edited:
As everyone did, in one way or another.

But the audacity of some jews (who set the tone) to lecture their hosts how to live their lives, is what gotten all of us
to serious shit, again and again.

Those who say "never again", write a nice letter to Weaselthal and tell him that he's doing it again, otherwise, you're pathetic.
(Personally I believe it's going to happen again, and again, and again, if you must ask.)

If, fellow Jews, you don't think people - many, many pro 2A Americans see these news are not going "...... that Jew",
you're living in a pipe dream.

Here we go with this crap again, on this site.

Is this what it's replacing?

pWKN6oe.jpg

If so... [rofl]... it's a postage stamp compared to his other brain dead propaganda, and not even close to the visibility of the old Fenway Park one.

Might as well pay the homeless to hand out flyers at the Hynes convention Center T stop, or leaflet parked cars for all the good it will do.

pWKN6oe.jpg

If so... [rofl]... it's a postage stamp compared to his other brain dead propaganda, and not even close to the visibility of the old Fenway Park one.

Might as well pay the homeless to hand out flyers at the Hynes convention Center T stop, or leaflet parked cars for all the good it will do.

My guess would be a large sign on the side of the garage, facing the Pike.

wLSq2Zv.jpg

pWKN6oe.jpg

Isn't that where you leave the Prudential parking garage? What a joke.

Isn't that where you leave the Prudential parking garage? What a joke.

This looks like the parking garage next to the Hynes, not near the Pru?

I wonder where he got the money to get the space, certainly doesn't seem like they would donate it.

when will these liberal antis who want to "save lives", ever mention the number of babies killed by abortion?

Boston is a progressive swill bucket!

Boston is a progressive piss bucket mixed with poop. [smile]

- - - Updated - - -

when will these liberal antis who want to "save lives", ever mention the number of babies killed by abortion?

I want them to state how these gun laws save lives? Show me how.

Last edited:

I just did an expense lookup for my company. I had sales or tech guys guys in Boston for over 300 days in the last 2 years. I just sent a directive out that Pilgrim Parking properties are no longer reimbursable for parking, which means they aren't going to take the $40 out of their pockets. That's close to $12k they will not get from us moving forward. In their 'message us' on the website:

To whom it may concern:

I am writing you to advise you that going forward, I am issuing a directive that no one from my company will be parking in any of Pilgrim's properties due to your decision to post Mr. Rosenthal's anti-Constitutional billboard. While I support the right of free speech, I will also be exercising my right to support companies that support liberty and freedom - and accepting advertising from Rosenthal's group is antithetical to this end. I know it will only be a few thousand dollars annually from your parking revenues, likely not missed, but be aware that there are still Americans in Massachusetts who care about liberty and freedom.

Regards,
JayMcB

I'd like to know why Pilgrim Parking thought donating billboard space to a MULTI-MILLIONAIRE was an act of charity? Seriously, if Rosenthall really a true believer in this cause why can't he crack open his own wallet and drop a few bills for a small billboard?

Last edited:
I just did an expense lookup for my company. I had sales or tech guys guys in Boston for over 300 days in the last 2 years. I just sent a directive out that Pilgrim Parking properties are no longer reimbursable for parking, which means they aren't going to take the $40 out of their pockets. That's close to $12k they will not get from us moving forward. In their 'message us' on the website:

To whom it may concern:

I am writing you to advise you that going forward, I am issuing a directive that no one from my company will be parking in any of Pilgrim's properties due to your decision to post Mr. Rosenthal's anti-Constitutional billboard. While I support the right of free speech, I will also be exercising my right to support companies that support liberty and freedom - and accepting advertising from Rosenthal's group is antithetical to this end. I know it will only be a few thousand dollars annually from your parking revenues, likely not missed, but be aware that there are still Americans in Massachusetts who care about liberty and freedom.

Regards,
JayMcB

NICE! Thanks for putting your money where your mouth is!

Outstanding.

To whom it may concern:

Regards,
JayMcB

Back
Top Bottom