Rock island armory 1911?

groundscrapers

NES Member
Does anyone have any experience with these? I found one chambered in .38 super in ct I was hoping I could get transferred into ma.

wm_1698166.jpg

I believe this company was armscor in the past. Thoughts?

Disclaimer - I have no first hand experience with RIA guns.

Before I moved to MA, I was seriously considering getting one. They are inexpensive, and from what I've read fairly reliable. People that own them seem to love them, and love the fact that they can get them for only a few hundred bucks. They make good base guns. I've seen a lot of negatives, too, but mostly from folks who don't actually own the guns. They are still produced by Armscor (and show up on the EOPS list under Armscor), but as far as I'm aware of don't meet the mystical AG crap. If you're looking for an inexpensive 1911 to build upon, or for a range gun, and you can get it transferred here, you'll probably end up with a good gun. Lots of MIM parts if that bothers you.

The folks at the 1911 forums have subforums about them.

Good luck!

Shooting EddieCoyle's RIA in .38 Super, (bone stock by the way), proved to be one of the most accurate and fun experiences. I was hitting small pieces of magnesium wheel and clay pigeon pieces at the NES Athol Truck Shoot....It's an amazing gun for short dough...

Back
Top Bottom