• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rock guitarist Rick Derringer charged with having loaded gun on Delta flight

Reptile

NES Member
Prosecutors say rock guitarist Rick Derringer carried a loaded gun in his carry-on bag on a Delta Air Lines flight from Cancun, Mexico, but was stopped after landing in Atlanta.

A federal air marshal quoted in court records says Derringer told him that he flies as many as 50 times per year with the gun in his carry-on bag, and has never had a problem.

A criminal complaint says Derringer has a Florida pistol permit and thought he could bring the gun on airplanes.

Derringer was charged with unlawfully entering an airport's secure area Jan. 9. His representatives didn't immediately return calls and emails.

A Transportation Security Administration spokesman had no immediate comment.

Derringer sang the 1965 hit "Hang on Sloopy" and later recorded "Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...d-with-having-loaded-gun-on-delta-flight.html

-----
Guy gets on hundreds of planes with a gun in a carry on and this is his first time getting stopped?

Lemme guess - he carried a Derringer?

never talk to the cops without a lawyer....

"A federal air marshal quoted in court records says Derringer told him that he flies as many as 50 times per year with the gun in his carry-on bag, and has never had a problem."

He basically admitted to at least 50 more crimes...

"A federal air marshal quoted in court records says Derringer told him that he flies as many as 50 times per year with the gun in his carry-on bag, and has never had a problem."

They can't prove that, so he is fine.

TSA is so useless.

A Transportation Security Administration spokesman had no immediate comment.

My guess is they're working on a spin that doesn't make them look really, really inept.

Google search history at the TSA PR department:

"porcelain gun from diehard"

"plastic gun from line of fire"

"are ghost guns made out of actual ghosts"

"does rick derringer know donald trump"

Rich people have different rules, this will be turned into nothing as soon as it falls off the news cycle. His lawyer will argue it wasn't his fault, TV made him do it and some judge somewhere will let him off on a writ of "Boys will be boys"

What amazes me is that he got the gun into Mexico. Mexican gun laws are notoriously strict and Americans often find themselves arrested and hung out to dry for stuff like a spent shell casing on the floorboards--especially if it's 9mm or .45ACP because civilians are forbidden to own "military" caliber guns and ammo even with a Mexican gun license.

I've flown into Cancun a few times. I'm more amazed that he got the gun outbound through a US airport. I'm thinking that he generally flew on chartered flights.

#1 Son went to Basic Training in TX, back home for Christmas, back to FL, and back FROM FL before he found the 3 9mm cases in his bag from when we went shooting the previous July. TSA let it slide as carry-on all 4 trips.

more importantly, he got by TSA 50 times in the past year with a gun! WTF.

i just flew for the first time since 2001. i couldn't get by the metal detectors and body x ray. i'm in my mid 60's, overweight, gray and standing with my left sneaker and sock off in the terminal while they x rayed those. the only metal left was on my pants zipper and my 2 hip replacements. i was a step away from a full body search in the broom closet when someone decided i wasn't a threat and let me pass, sneaker and sock in hand. just sayin', not complaining, but 50 times with a gun in the carry on? i was feeling safe cause they were doing what they were suppose to, but now i'm not so sure.

They always talk about the 1000s of times a year people try to take guns on planes, usually by accident.
i can only guess guns getting onto planes is a sumwhat common occurrence.

Back
Top Bottom