Robinson Arms XCR with Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T optics

I really, really like this rifle. It has the gas piston reliability of an AK-47, a left-sided charging handle like a FN FAL and the ergonomics and accuracy of an AR-15. This is a MA-legal gun (special order as they come standard with folding stocks and flash suppressors). When I got it, it had a standard AR-15 pistol grip which I replaced with the Tango Down grip and I added the Leupold scope. It's just too easy to hit clays at 100 yd. with the scope at 3x magnification.
xcr.jpg

The controls (mag release and safe/fire selector) are just like on an AR-15, it takes standard AR mags and you break it open like an AR-15 for cleaning. You can change the free-floated barrel in two minutes or less. My gun is 5.56 NATO but you can also get conversion kits for 6.8 SPC; 6.5x39mm; and 7.62x39mm. It ejects brass strongly in the 2 o'clock direction.

Last edited:
Leupold Scope not MA Complaint?

When he wrote:
This is a MA-legal stock gun except for the Tango Down pistol grip and, obviously, the Leupold scope.

What he meant is that the MA-legal gun is completely stock, except that he's added the TD pistol grip and the scope. That is, the pistol grip and the scope are not stock. He doesn't mean that the pistol grip and scope are not MA-legal.

So Mack, if you don't mind me asking... How much did this XCR run you in the end? Minus the scope and pistol grip...just to get the rifle to your door?

I went to Robarms.com and made a few selections (to make it MA compliant)... and it was going to come out to just under $1600!

If your comfortable with sharing... I appreciate it. If you're not... no problem. Understandable. [grin]

It was around $1500 retail. I think if you get your FFL dealer to order it for you, they might be able to get the wholesale price and just charge you for the transfer.

BTW, Hanwei, the Wolf .556 I bought from you jammed my AR-15 after just a couple of boxes of rounds. But the XCR eats it up and spits it out as if it were an AK.

Last edited:
My ARs are the "standard issue" E2 type with 20 inch barrels so I haven't been able to do the appropriate comparison between my XCR and the 16 inch M4 carbine configuration. I'm guessing they're pretty much the same size and weight.

On a related note, if one were to get an M4 customized with the rail system that comes standard on the XCR (360 degree picatinny rails milled right into the upper reciever), it would be more expensive than an XCR. I just checked the www.mapartsinc.com catalogue and they want almost $1300 for just their "CQB MRP" 16 inch barreled upper.

Back
Top Bottom