Riley's in Hookset

I took a ride up to Riley's in Hookset.

They had more types of different powder and bullets than any place I've ever seen.

But the best part was they had a cast bullet section that would make you jump up and down like a little girl with a new doll.

I found a box of 500 210gr 41mags for $24. 3 boxes of 32-20 115gr for 12 bucks a box of a 100.

Their selection of cast bullets is the most complete that I've ever seen.

But what surprised me was, the cast bullets were from, North East Bullet Company, Stoneham Ma.. Has any one ever heard of them?

Last edited:
North East Bullet Company, Stoneham Ma.. Has any one ever heard of them?

I was at Collectors in Stoneham yesterday and he had a boatload of these bullets.

Many were marked "Stoneham, MA" on the labels. Others were marked "E Waterloo, ME" on the same labels!

I think NE Bullet Company is in ME (I think I've seen them at some gun shows). I also think that Collectors buys enough product that he might have had them "re-label" the product with his town/state on the product labels. Jack wasn't there to ask about it yesterday and I don't know the other guys that well (one was Jack's Brother I think).

Check Superpages.com for the company and I think you'll find that I'm right. I haven't checked them out.

I looked for them on the Net and couldn't find any current web presence. I used the Way Back machine and the latest I found was March 2006. Here's the contact info from that date:
CONTACT INFO
Tim McCandless
Business Relations
P.O. Box 26
East Waterboro, ME 04030
Voice:207-247-3243
Fax: 207-883-5350
Email: [email protected]

I have no idea if this info is still good.

thats news

In the Smith and Wesson forum there is a thread wherein several
people have sent money to NE bullets and have not got any product.

They were at the show in Marlboro last fall with plenty of bullets, i bought
some.

So what is going on, are they in business or out of business.

JimB

Riley's has what is probably the last of the Northeast Bullet supply. It seems they have gone out of business so don't get too excited. They haven't re-sullpied is a while. Once that it gone, I have no idea what the replacement will be.

In any event, I've had good luck with them. The lube smokes like all the rest so shooting indoors is not ideal.

Now that you mention it . . .

I seem to recall reading about a number of non-delivery complaints wrt Northeast Bullet, including comments about some org investigating the company involved. Can't tell you for certain that it was this company, but check carefully before ordering anything you can't walk out with.

Here's one such complaint with BBB.

http://www.bosbbb.org/reports/reliability_report.asp?FirmId=5928

Riley's has what is probably the last of the Northeast Bullet supply. It seems they have gone out of business so don't get too excited. They haven't re-sullpied is a while. Once that it gone, I have no idea what the replacement will be.

In any event, I've had good luck with them. The lube smokes like all the rest so shooting indoors is not ideal.

I have some Northeast Bullets that I got from a local store. They had a few boxes of them left.

Yes NE Bullets is no more. They had a big following in the CAS group at one time.
This guy in VT. has been doing well and seems to have a good product at fair prices.

Wow, those are pretty good prices. Please edit your post to remove the name of the vendor though if they ship to MA.

I live in northeastern Maine, but at one time I lived about 10 miles from Riley's. Back then I did not reload, but now I do and am happy to learn about their cast bullet selection because I still travel that way a lot. I have shot 240 gr swc from northeast bullet co. with good results but have not been able to contact them either by phone or e mail. I have also had good luck with Kens cast bullets from Manchester N. H. but also no contact now. I only shoot cast in my 44 special and my 44 mag handguns, and only about 1000 per year. I reload jacketed bullets in all my rifles at this time.

Riley's had a good selection of Northeast bullets a couple of weeks ago. I
was in there and picked up some .44 and some .45. What a reloading
selection. The only caliber that it looked like that sucked was .32 mag.

Otherwise it is a reloader's candy store. What a refreshing change from
the gun stores around here that don't stock anything and if they do don't list
or display their wares. Here is what I picked up and the prices.

.32 H&R Magnum
Hornady
#32070 HP/XTP
100gn
100/14.15

Sierra
JHC 90gn
100/14.95

.44 Rem Magnum
Hornady
#44200 HP/XTP
240gn