Rifle Match at HSC - is this the tactical rifle match?

Hi - Trying to find if there are any remaining tactical rifle or 3 gun matches in or around NE - Came across the area7 website and found that on Aug 31, HSC is hosting a rifle match: http://www.uspsa-ne.org/matches.asp

Is this their 'tactical rifle match' they hold each year?

Any other known tactical or 3 gun matches?

Thanks for the help

Thanks - I did one last year at the HSC and although it rained, it turned out to be a blast.. The match was setup similar to handgun shoot w/ 6 or so stages. If this is the same match - I can't wait!

This is basically the same type of match as last year. It will be a blast for sure... I haven't shot my rifle in a LONG time so it will be good to bust it out in a few weeks.

Pete

Nothing on stages, but, I was told the 200-300 yard range will be used. Most of the match will likely be hose stages.

I would be nice if someone posted a rough course description, such as how many rounds will be needed and perhaps how many will be fired st 200 to 300 yds.

This is the traditional annual Harvard Action Shooters USPSA rifle match. Being an action rifle event, this match is only for experienced USPSA competitors.

There will probably be 6 or 7 stages with a round count of roughly 150-180. I'm bringing at least 250 rounds. Details will be determined during Saturday set-up, but will not be posted. As always (perhaps more than usual this weekend) we can use help during set-up.

Last edited:
What an awesome match this was. Nothing like shooting a Texas Star from 70 yards with a rifle then running to another pit and shooting a ton of other targets!!! It was def. fun to bring the long guns out for once!!! I spend too much time shooting pistol and only bring the rifle out a few times a year. Today helped justify the cash tied up in the long guns!!!

What a great turn out with perfect weather and AWESOME stages!!! Thanks to everyone that helped out and esp. the match staff!!!

I am so happy there are only a few of these a year. As the day progressed, I was wondering how may penalties I could get in one outing. If I shot it well I would want to go and build an open rifle,too. Great match Harvard...what a great time!! It's nice to put the open gun down and just go nuts every once and a while.

Harvard does it as usual. Great match, plenty of challenges - short shots, loooong shots, moving shots, paper, steel. Used a borrowed gun for the match - thank you Rob - sure makes a rifle enticing. So does a good working squad. Sure was long day.
Bob D

To the Harvard crew, Thank You!!!
Another great match. Turn out was large, lots of shooting, seeing some old friends, a great day shooting.

Fantastic Day - The event was well organized and the stages were a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone involved in making this a successful and fun shoot!

Thanks to the Harvard crew for putting on another great Match! Fun, and yet challenging stages. Even better yet, perfect day, great people.
Lets do it again![smile]
Rich

What a fun day running around and blasting at stuff.
I am a little disappointed with my performance, with 18 Mikes and 4 Procedurals..... I guess I wasn't shooting fast enough. [mg]

I agree with Jay6..

A great match, always a good time at HAS with good shooting and great Bull S&^%&^%ing. Loved the squad karma this match. [laugh]

Not to thread drift.. however, if you want some more rifle action...
Hampden will be holding its 2nd annual Precision multigun match this month, Sept 21st. Rifle shots out to 600 yards. Always a good time.

(see the new post in the rifle section)

Thanks for all the great feedback. I'll spread the word. It was a pretty large effort and a long day, so the crew can use the "ups."

Now, the next Harvard pistol match is less than two weeks away. Don't be surprised if there is only enough stored energy for 4 stages of 10 rounds each. Maybe 8 rounds each ... maybe 6.

Don't be surprised if there is only enough stored energy for 4 stages of 10 rounds each. Maybe 8 rounds each ... maybe 6.

Dan- that sounds like it could be like an IDPA match. At 10 rounds... how can I drop partially loaded mags? [smile] Seriously.. I plan on being there.... I'm sure it will be a blast no matter what.

I loved the match and appreciate the effort required to put it on. I do have one suggestion: use good old falling plates on the long range event rather than automated devices. I shot on the last squad and the final shooters had only two 300 yd targets; the 200yd resetting plates had died. High power rifles and mechanical devices just don't seem to get along very well.

PS I have another suggestion. Time was of the essence as this was a long match requiring a lot of rounds. Back-ups are inevitable but some can be avoided. I observed one shooter disassemble his AR during a course of fire (the RO helped him, which I thought was fine idea at the time) and then continued through the course, only to be plagued by more jams and delays. This poor guy spent over 10 minutes on a course of fire that should have taken less than a minute. Is there some way to limit delays such as this? Perhaps an overall time limit, very generous of course.

Back
Top Bottom