• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ridgeline Training Facility Dalton NH

I spent a few nights supporting Alex's attempt at putting Ridgeline in Winchester. Which would have been a 10 min drive. Yeah I hate that they booted him.
It would have been about the same 2 hour drive for me either way, worth the drive.

Now if I could roll my camper and just sleep in their parking lot, that would be next level. [smile]

The website will be back up this week.
Day one was some class room, then cold bore and zero
Then class room on dope, how to use some pretty good apps, how to tune the app to your rifle, ammo, etc.
then to the range, confirm and tweak dope at 400, then 600
Then engagements out to 600 with Alex calling wind
What was the typical platform and caliber?

6.5, .308, 6mm and a 22-250 and a couple 5.56. I used the website. Tried to sign up a buddy of mine a couple weeks later but was already sold out. website will be back up and running this week.

Would Winchester have allowed 1,400 yard ranges?
Alex had an executed agreement for a huge parcel. They needed a small zoning change because the flight path of one of the planned ranges had bullets flying over a small res zone. The liberal residents found out it was going to be a private firearms training facility and showed up in droves at the town meetings to literally character assassinate him. It was quite shocking the selectmen allowed it to happen like it went down. It was quite a shit show. They wouldnt give him the zoning change, you know because of the children, so he had to find another location. The agreement with Team O'Neil and move to Dalton has worked out great for Ridgeline. It's just a haul for the guys down here, when he could have literally been 15 mins from a bunch of us.

It would have been about the same 2 hour drive for me either way, worth the drive.

Now if I could roll my camper and just sleep in their parking lot, that would be next level. [smile]
He needs cabins or a camping area, it would make it a lot easier to be able to stay on site.

Alex had an executed agreement for a huge parcel. They needed a small zoning change because the flight path of one of the planned ranges had bullets flying over a small res zone. The liberal residents found out it was going to be a private firearms training facility and showed up in droves at the town meetings to literally character assassinate him. It was quite shocking the selectmen allowed it to happen like it went down. It was quite a shit show. They wouldnt give him the zoning change, you know because of the children, so he had to find another location. The agreement with Team O'Neil and move to Dalton has worked out great for Ridgeline. It's just a haul for the guys down here, when he could have literally been 15 mins from a bunch of us.

Search criteria: ridgeline site:townofdalton.com

He isn't without opponents in Dalton. https://townofdalton.com/wp-content...Board-Meeting-Minutes-July-27-2020-DRAFT.docx
At 7:07PM, Erik Nilsen spoke up next. He lives on Harriman Road and wanted to address the board about the Ridgeline Shooting Range and the effect its having on his family and others on Harriman Road. Saturday, firing went on from 7:00AM to 7:00PM, then Sunday at 7:15AM to 4:30 or 5:00PM. He mentioned state RSAs and gun ranges. He requested that the Selectboard familiarize itself with Ridgeline, it’s business development, and its website. He said as long as the town does not have a zoning ordinance, there’s nothing a town can do. Since the town does have a zoning ordinance, he asked the board to familiarize itself, visit, and look into the expansion of the operation since the adoption of zoning last July, 2019. He asked that a baseline be established by the BOS now, as it sounds like they have big expansion plans going forward. He has lived there for 43 years and has spent a lot of time developing his property and feels it is his Constitutional right to happiness there, and he does not.
What is funny is when you look at tax records for Dalton, Mr Nilsen is not listed as owning property.

https://townofdalton.com/wp-content...igned-Public-Select-Board-Meeting-Minutes.pdf

Search criteria: ridgeline site:townofdalton.com

He isn't without opponents in Dalton. https://townofdalton.com/wp-content...Board-Meeting-Minutes-July-27-2020-DRAFT.docx

What is funny is when you look at tax records for Dalton, Mr Nilsen is not listed as owning property.

https://townofdalton.com/wp-content...igned-Public-Select-Board-Meeting-Minutes.pdf

can I start using this excuse too? My neighbor has a Biden sign in his yard and it’s infringing on my constitutional right to happiness. Actually they’re working on my life and liberty too.

I noticed a lot of that when people were objecting to the Casella landfill.

"My family and I have owned a home on Forest Lake since 1957..."

Cute. But it's your summer vacation home, and you are are resident of Massachusetts. And by the way, the 2 bedroom septic system that hasn't been upgraded since 1957, but hosts your 47 member extended family all summer long, is what's really killing Forest Lake.

Nimrods.

I noticed a lot of that when people were objecting to the Casella landfill.

"My family and I have owned a home on Forest Lake since 1957..."

Cute. But it's your summer vacation home, and you are are resident of Massachusetts. And by the way, the 2 bedroom septic system that hasn't been upgraded since 1957, but hosts your 47 member extended family all summer long, is what's really killing Forest Lake.

Nimrods.
And by “septic system” you mean rotted out, buried 55 gal drum.

Which is awesome as the deepest that mud puddle goes is 15' with an average of 10'.

https://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/maps/bathymetry/forest_whitefield.pdf

State Issues Cyanobacteria Advisory for Forest Lake in Whitefield & Dalton, New Hampshire

Back
Top Bottom