• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rhode Island Police and National Guard going door to door looking for New Yorkers

Double Dupe:

When I read this is it definitely felt like an overstep. I’m a Mass resident with a house in RI, so not sure I’d feel good about having to register if I went to stay there.
I’ve also read articles where people fled to their ski homes out west and now those town hospitals are overwhelmed with COVID 19 cases. They were small facilities to begin with and don’t have the resources to cope.

has been changed already (Cuomo says cuz he threatened to sue, Gina says she changed it before that) it NOW says ANY car with ANY plate from ANY state....and that state police and national guard will be manning pull over stations! Not sure how this is even possible.....given that I live about 8 miles from the border and pass though East prov virtually every time I go to HD, pharmacy, and grocery store! Guess we shall see. Ron

If I got pulled over I'd just whip out the camera and not answer anything they have to say and ask if I'm being detained. Lawsuit would ensue. We have a right to travel among all 50 states, states are not foreign countries they cannot restrict the state border.

when/if pulled over
again the tissue, the phony sneeze & cough

Sir, I’m on the way to the hospital to get tested for the virus

Ya that's what I wonder with this sort of thing- when you invoke your rights and state "no you can't come in", "no you can't search my car" or "I don't feel like talking to you, are we done here?" Where do they go with that?

Back
Top Bottom