• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Retired Boston Police Capt. Kenneth Fong Announced as Bedford’s Interim Police Chief

Amputee Marksman

NES Member
I only saw him once at a LEO promotion in town hall. He was pretty quiet I thought. Article says interim appointment.

If he went out on pension he won’t be able to stay on long or it costs him money. That’s why you bang out of MA and work in another state. FD and PD chiefs are doing it all over.

I would be more concerned about whoever they are going to pick long term, if that guy is just the "interim".

At least he was probably a real cop.

The most dangerous ones for 2A are the "political hack that just happens to have a CJ degree" blow-in types that have never been real cops, that are all selected based off
politics.

Boston police Chief,or Capt. don't have a say on gun laws. The commies running the city tell them what
the gun rules are.You won't find out if they are pro. 2A until they leave the Kremlin.

I would be more concerned about whoever they are going to pick long term, if that guy is just the "interim".

At least he was probably a real cop.

The most dangerous ones for 2A are the "political hack that just happens to have a CJ degree" blow-in types that have never been real cops, that are all selected based off
politics.

I have a friend on the force and I'll ask him what is going on although he may not know. He has been out on disability for a while waiting to get approved for a hip replacement.

Broadly speaking, I think the internet and its information distribution capabilities has contributed greatly to the reduction of Massa husetts police chiefs' abilities to single-handedly obstruct the expression of residents 2A rights. I am not saying it doesn't still happen, and there is Boston and other Democratic controlled cities, but my town with a mayor used to be hardish to get an LTC, but they had obviously given up the fight when I got mine in 2020.

If a current chief leaves before the hiring of a new one (whether police or fire) you get a respected retired chief or senior officer from a nearby town to be your interim. The interim is essentially excluded from applying for the chief position. This is very common. The interim makes no policy changes. They are just there to keep things running smoothly.

Focus on the selection committee for the new chief.

If a current chief leaves before the hiring of a new one (whether police or fire) you get a respected retired chief or senior officer from a nearby town to be your interim. The interim is essentially excluded from applying for the chief position. This is very common. The interim makes no policy changes. They are just there to keep things running smoothly.

Without getting thick into weeds...
This
This
And this.

I purposely left out getting into the interim players or the search companies.

Even better if you can get one from another state, although that can be a bit complicated. The reason being the complexity of public sector retirement law here. It's more common with fire departments though, because Fire Fighter certification is more transportable.

Back
Top Bottom