*Results Posted* Harvard Sportsmen's Club - STEEL CHALLENGE match - JUNE, 30, 2012

PMD

**RESULTS POSTED** see post #12

Harvard Sportsmen's Club - 4 Stage Match:

Saturday - JUNE, 30, 2012

SHOOTER'S MEETING: 9:15am
START TIME: 9:30am squadded

Categories:
Pistol Open, Pistol Iron, Production, Revolver Open, Revolver Iron, Rimfire Pistol Open, Rimfire Pistol Iron, Rimfire Rifle Open, Rimfire Rifle Iron.

$10.00 first gun - 2nd afternoon run (if time permits) $5.00
Juniors shoot first gun for free.

Stages:

Showdown http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/showdown.pdf

Outer Limits http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/outer_limits.pdf

Pendulum http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/pendulum.pdf

Accelerator http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/accelerator.pdf

General Principles:

Steel Challenge scoring is simple: your time is your score!
Each stage consists of five targets, commonly referred to as plates. Four are standard plates, and the fifth is designated as the stop plate.
Each of the standard targets must be hit at least once before hitting the stop plate, and the time stops when the stop plate is hit. Competitors may fire as many rounds as they deem necessary for each string of fire. The worst string on each stage will be thrown out, and the total of the remaining times will be competitor’s score for that stage. All stages will be shot five times with the exception of "Outer Limits" which will be shot four times.
The maximum time allowed for an individual string is 30 seconds.

For complete Rules and all stage layouts please go here:

http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/SCSARules.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***NOTE***

*HSC is a COLD RANGE: All firearms will be kept UNLOADED except on the firing line under the direct supervision of a Match Officials.
*Gun handling at Safe tables only and must be brought to the firing line in a holster or case.
*Eye and ear protection is required for all shooters and spectators.
*Holsters: In general, holsters shall be mounted in the general vicinity of the waist, must cover the trigger, and must safely hold/retain the gun. All Centerfire handguns must be appropriate for holster use.
*HSC will allow "Low Ready" starts for Centerfire handguns (2 seconds added per run)
*Rimfire competition does not involve the use of a holster
*Each competitor is expected to come to the firing line ready to shoot, with an appropriate amount of ammunition in an appropriate number of magazines or speed-loaders or other loading devices.
*Minimum cartridge for centerfire competitions (38 Special, 9X19).
*Rimfire firearms must be .22 Long Rifle (.22LR) only
*Any ammunition deemed unsafe or likely to damage the targets will be removed from use
*Any standard plate which has not been hit before the stop plate will count as a Miss. Each Miss on a standard plate will result in a 3 (three) second penalty, added to the shooter’s time for that string.
*If the stop plate is not hit, the score for that string is 30 seconds

For Club information and directions:
http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com

For questions or if you'd like to help - please email Paul Dandini [email protected]

Thanks again to the NRA Foundation for providing a Grant for the steel targets.

Last edited:
Btw...
We are trying something new this month.
Since several have asked for more stages we will be adding a 5th stage.
This will not be an official SCSA stage but will have 5 plates and shot as per the SCSA rules.
This stage will be scored as a side match and the shooters has the option to shoot or not..

Question can anyone go/join?

I was going to be a wise ass and say anyone with a gun, ammo and holster but I realized that is not true. If you show up empty handed, you might very well find someone to lend you what you need.

The shorter answer is "yes"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was going to be a wise ass and say anyone with a gun, ammo and holster but I realized that is not true. If you show up empty handed, you might very well find someone to lend you what you need.

The shorter answer is "yes"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok thanks

I do have guns, ammo, and holster I don't have to worry about that i was just asking cause I never been to 1

Had a rockin' good time today. Hot but breezy so it wasn't that bad. Good company, good stages... good times.

Thanks to all the ROs and the match director!

Ditto. Big thanks to the MD, RO's, and the guys on our squad. It was a great day. Just wish the targets didn't move so much.

Results posted

Thanks to everyone who showed up and shot the match.
A big thanks to all those helped run the match - with out your continued help this event would not happen.

Here's the results - if you see an errors please shoot me a pm.

***UPDATE***
Scores revised and Flight times removed (7-03-12)

Attachments

• HSC 6-30-12 (revised).pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Well, I didn't finish DFL in Rimfire Rifle Open again! [rofl]

Thanks, Paul, for letting me play in your sandbox. I'll take my 11.19 on "Focus" but I think, even though I was lightning fast and clean on all five (5) strings, Stacy musta' had a rough time reading the timer in the bright sun. [smile]

And congrats to Juniors Nick F. and Jailyn A. on their runs (there may have been a couple of other Juniors that I missed, but congrats to them, too). Hope you guys had a great time. [rockon]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Last edited:
Hey Gary,

That same timer seemed to be working just fine when I bombed "Pendulum" in 22.70. But it was our last stage and the other ROs messed up on it, too. THAT'S my story and I'm sticking to it! [laugh2]

Where you been, brother??? We've missed you! [party]

TTFN,
F.

Hey Gary,

That same timer seemed to be working just fine when I bombed "Pendulum" in 22.70. But it was our last stage and the other ROs messed up on it, too. THAT'S my story and I'm sticking to it! [laugh2]

Where you been, brother??? We've missed you! [party]

TTFN,
F.

About all I am shooting is USPSA at New Bedford and three gun when I can find it. Hoping to get into Steel Challenge if the gas prices keep dropping but the 2 hrs up and 2hrs back to shoot Harvard is a killer

Edit to add: Are you shooting Walls of Steel in August?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom