Residue on cleaned brass

My brass is coming out pretty clean but I need to wipe it off to get that final glossy shine that I like. It's like a dusty film over the brass. It's clean enough, but I'm a little fussy and like to have it really shine. I'm using Lyman green Tuf-Nut. I did not care for the Lyman red rouge stuff. It really left a reddish film on the brass. Any suggestions for a locally available additive or procedure for me to try?

One approach (I don't usually take the time) is to empty the tumbler, fill it with pieces of paper towel, cut into quarters, and retumble for half an hour.

I use plain ground corn cob with no additives. Brass comes out shiney with no residue.

regards....roger

Have you tried cutting USED dryer sheets into strips and running them with the brass? I think you'll find the strips take out a lot of the dust, corrosion and primer residue..

Brass comes out cleaner and your media stays good longer.

Have you tried cutting USED dryer sheets into strips and running them with the brass? I think you'll find the strips take out a lot of the dust, corrosion and primer residue..

+1

It really helps the media last longer by gathering the dust.

I've used them since I first saw you suggest it. The dryer sheet strips really pick up a lot of crap - they come out dark brown.

crushed corncob will give you the best results,I have used it for 5 years.red walnut is also very dusty.

Snuggle in the tumbler.

They work especially well when using crushed walnut media........

+1 My wife now knows not to toss the used drier sheets, they go in a recycle bag and then down to my reloading room. Have been using them for years.

Back
Top Bottom