Reporting a post

SKS Ray

NES Member
I was wondering what happens when you use the exclamation point feature that allows you to report a post. Does it put up a flag in the moderators section?
I'm asking because rather than PM mods when I see a post mentioning C&R distributors that ship to Mass, would it be better for me to click the report icon or send a PM to whatever moderator I see online?

We get an email alert with a link to the thread that contains the post. A Reported Post thread is also created in the moderators forum with the same info.
It is better to use the "report this post" because all mods and administrators get the alert. The PM only goes to who you address it to.

We get an email alert with a link to the thread that contains the post. A Reported Post thread is also created in the moderators forum with the same info.
It is better to use the "report this post" because all mods and administrators get the alert. The PM only goes to who you address it to.

+1 Absolutely

Yes, report this post is better, but it is NOT intended for crying to us when someone hurts your feelings! [smile]

Yes, report this post is better, but it is NOT intended for crying to us when someone hurts your feelings! [smile]

I don't have many feelings left but if they got hurt I'd use negative rep points for that.[grin]

I'll use the report icon from now on. I just didn't know if it flagged a poster or the post. I know some folks are still newbies and don't know the rules about mentioning names of distributors yet and I didn't want to bring any heat on them.

Back
Top Bottom