Reply in another forum

Another vote for condition 1; it was designed for that. It's really easy to sweep the safety down on the draw, but as with *any* carry piece, you should practice, practice, practice.

It takes precisely zero nanoseconds longer to put shots on target from Condition One carry than it does from Condition Zero. Unless, of course, one's mind is incapable of teaching the body to do more than one thing at a time (e.g., walk and chew gum, bring one's arm up while wiping off the safety with the thumb, post and think).

Ken
I'm amazed that people think the M1911 is God's Gift, citing lengthy military use: then ignore everything the military learned about them.

My issue .45 was an area-fire weapon.....

Huh,here or there?

There. Apparantly I was insulting him. He's a moderator too, so maybe they don't like it.

I only have a couple hundred posts here, but I've gotten into a few scrapes... I think everyone walked away alive.

No excuse. Either flick the safety off with your left thumb, or get an ambi safety installed.
Being a lefty myself, safety and slide release are easy. It's the mag release I have trouble with!

Single actions like 1911, I carry cocked and locked.
Double action only, no need for a safety.
da/sa like my SIG 229, I generally decock so 1st pull is da.

I don't like external safeties except on something like a 1911.

Do you use an ambi-safety? I've always used them up until my current Kimber. Just practicing swiping the safety off with my trigger finger during the draw. Seems to work, just needs practice. Mag release is a cinch. Ring finger works great. Small hands maybe.

Back
Top Bottom