Replacement of Glock Frame?

ok, if i were to send out my 2nd gen G17 to Glock for refurbishing. and Glock decided i needed a new frame. what would happen? would they be sending me a refurbished 2nd gen frame? a new 3rd gen frame?

has anyone here had to get their Glock frame replaced? and what was the process?

(mods, if this is the wrong forum, i appologize. i think it's a legal question, but i have been known to be wrong.)

If GLOCK replaces the frame , it will not be with a non mass compliant 3rd gen frame. You'd get a Gen2 frame.

I think if they replace the frame it has to be returned to you via FFL because of the serial number changing

ok, if i were to send out my 2nd gen G17 to Glock for refurbishing. and Glock decided i needed a new frame. what would happen? would they be sending me a refurbished 2nd gen frame? a new 3rd gen frame?

has anyone here had to get their Glock frame replaced? and what was the process?

(mods, if this is the wrong forum, i appologize. i think it's a legal question, but i have been known to be wrong.)

Glock, by their own policy and not the law, will not ship any post '98 frames to MA.

If for some reason Glock decided to follow the law (Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986), they could replace the frame with a new 3rd Gen, and send it directly back to you, assuming you sent it directly to them.

--EasyD

So what would happen if you needed the frame replaced on a third gen Glock, what would they send you?

So what would happen if you needed the frame replaced on a third gen Glock, what would they send you?

They would send you a refurb 2nd Gen frame made pre-1998. If one wasn't available, you'd have to wait until they got one back in stock.

Those were the words of Glock Legal Dept.

Only exception is for active LE . . . for them they will replace with a new frame. But once the LEO retires, he's just like every other poor schmuck in MA as far as Glock is concerned.

NONE of this is required by law, it's just Glock's Corporate position. Rob Boudrie and I tried to talk sense to them, to no avail. It was a "Mountain meet immovable object" moment.

There are ways to get around it though, I have a refurb'd ABA### slide/barrel with a G24### 3rd gen replacement frame. I aquired it off an ex-boss who got it from a dealer.

Back
Top Bottom