Replace original grips on my Colt?

Keep original grips or change them to ivory?

• No, leave it as is

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Yes, it will really dress up the gun

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
I assume this is a collector and not a shooter?? If that's the case then go for the ivory.

Have to agree with seanc. Ivory if it's going to be a safe queen collector piece.

I agree as well...why not try out different grips to see which ones you like best?

Thanks for the input. This will become one of my safe queens for sure. I'll never fire it, just admire it's beauty.

Looks like a call to Jim at Nutmegsports.com may be in order. [grin]

I recently purchased a Colt John M. Browning Commemorative 1911 in a presentation case. Brand new never been fired.

I'm thinking of replacing the grips that came with it with a pair of ivory grips.

Just wondering what you guys think. Replace the grips or leave it as is?

Thanks.
View attachment 11245View attachment 11246

Make it purty with the ivories, but keep the original grips around, just in case.

I assume this is a collector and not a shooter?? If that's the case then go for the ivory.

Yeah, its your gun do with it as you please...its not like you are making some irreversable change to it, just changing grips (ok be careful w/ the grip screws). I'd obviously save the original grips, but if you want ivory on it right now, put em on...

I'm sure it will look great with ivory, but why spend what will likely be a good chunk of cash on a gun that will just sit in a safe and won't increase it's value by greater than the purchase price of the grips?

I'm sure it will look great with ivory, but why spend what will likely be a good chunk of cash on a gun that will just sit in a safe and won't increase it's value by greater than the purchase price of the grips?

As a collector piece, it will probably only increase in value on it's own, as long as it's not fired.
Ivory, is expensive and only getting more expensive. An unfired collector gun, with pristine ivory, is only going to make the gun more valuable, and also more attractive to any potential buyer/ investor.

On a gun like that, another $3-500 isn't breaking the bank. It will look good sporting those grips, and they are coming from one of the best names in ivory grips.

Very nice BBQ gun for sure.

General Patton had his pearl handled revolvers; you should have pearl grips on your 1911.

"when asked about those "pearl handles" on a later occasion, General Patton angrily corrected the reporter who asked the question and sharply explained that they were ivory. "Only a New Orleans pimp," Patton snarled, "would carry a pearl-handled gun.""

Jack

Back
Top Bottom