Remington UMC 9mm ammo.... wow is it light!

I've used CCI, Winchester and my own flavors and mixes for my 9mm loads. But I can say that UMC is the absolute lightest powered commercial ammo I have ever used!

It shot fine and was reliable... and I kind of like it but I was quite surprised. Anyone else notice this?

Another thing I did notice... I could tell I wasnt' blinking while shooting this too.. it had nice sparks coming out of my M&P... it's interesting how different loads look... my Power Pistols loads give a nice bright yellow flash when it's not bright outside.

Last edited:
I know a really good way to make just about anything feel light...

.500 Magnum

(^_^)

Seriously, it can be amazing how some loads feel in some guns. My Firestar 40 kicks something severe with American Eagle loads, but WWB feels fine. Different burn rates, actions, and such all play a part.

I know a really good way to make just about anything feel light...

.500 Magnum

(^_^)

You know... when I saw your name on this post.. I knew what was coming. [smile] I did get to try some of Jim's big guns with his loads.. and it made all my guns feel like 22s!! My .45 felt like a complete cream puff after the .500![smile]

Ya ............ after buying 1000 rounds, I found my UZI refuses to eat them. Too light.

(fine in all the pistols though)

Back
Top Bottom