• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Remeber to file your 2018 5320.20

MGnoob

NES Life Member
NES Member
I usually send mine out 12/1 every year.Since i was focused on hunting i forgot . I also was hoping for some new arrivals and didn't want to have to send out additional .20s later, which i will have to do at some point next year anyway.

So just a reminder. "Assultweapon" inadvertently reminded me.

I sent in a pile on 10/27. Came in this past Friday. I have a match in FL in early February and I wanted to be sure to have it done on time.

I usually call my contacts and cry my way to an early approval.
I started the thread and haven't sent mine, but i just have alot going on and have to file the .20 for a trust and individually for 5 states....... so its on my priority list which goes like this...taxes....NFA...Refill my oil tanks.

Form .20 are faster then most form 3s and the people who look at them before sign off aren't as thoroughly examined as real forms.. ive had approved .20s that i resubmitted because the approved ones were retarded.... its safe to say anyone applying for a .20 is not a danger to the public

Last edited:
Good to hear, still havent done mine. Im thinking about using pdf filler.com.

I have about 10 .20s in duplicate to submit for 3 states individual and trust.

Its pretty painless but i rarely wait... ill be doing it soon, and may resubmit for 1 stragglers nfa transfer.

Pdf filler is great for alot of stuff if you constantly use it.. even at $20 a month its ok but there are other options...
I just hate submiting hand written forms... it's not a big deal but copy and paste is alot easier.

Good to hear, still havent done mine. Im thinking about using pdf filler.com.

I have about 10 .20s in duplicate to submit for 3 states individual and trust.

Its pretty painless but i rarely wait... ill be doing it soon, and may resubmit for 1 stragglers nfa transfer.

Pdf filler is great for alot of stuff if you constantly use it.. even at $20 a month its ok but there are other options...
I just hate submiting hand written forms... it's not a big deal but copy and paste is alot easier.

I'm using a PDF filler that's free. Works great. All my BATFE forms were done with it as well as a pile of boat and auto titles that needed to be changed.

Cool whats it called?
In the next day or so ill have picked up the last of my new stuff, so ill sit down and get the .20s done. I never wait this long to do it.

I used Adobe fill and sign to fill out 12 form .20s the other night.
It was ok for being a free android app.. it went well until the last 4.
When changing info i only delete the txt rather than the actual field which was causing serious issue that at first weren't easily resolved.

Since i dont plan on purchasing any more NFA anytime soon, i printed out complete forms minus date and signiture. So all i need to do is copy them and fill in the date and signature.

It was pretty dumb on my part...
I was sitting here and said to myself "wait, i just need an app"

I email and fax when im in a rush. I have time to wait for rejection and resend.
I probably wont have an issue but there was alot of new stuff and i had to do it as an individual and a trust for multiple states.

Im very excited to get up north and shoot all my stuff.. just having my m16 was insufficient. Ive for enough now where ill never havento wait for one to cool off.

Back
Top Bottom