Rem. UMC 7.62 x 39 (for SKS)

Duane Allman

Banned
I'm planning on picking up an SKS in a couple weeks.

I can obtain Remington UMC 7.62 x 39 (20 round boxes) at Dick's Sporting Goods for $9.99/box.

I know obtaining bulk ammo from online suppliers is almost impossible for Massachusetts residents.

A) I was hoping somebody could offer their opinion on the Remington UMC ammo.

B) I was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of a way of obtaining a bulk quantity of 7.62 x 39 at a bargain.

Last edited:
Try to see what your local gun shop is selling Wolf ammo for by the case. Or call 4 seasons or coin collectors in Stonehan.

only problem with US manufactured 7.62 is that the primers are alot softer than those of soviet production

clean your sks's bolt thoroughly to make sure no cosmoline is stuck in the bolt head/firing pin which can cause a slam fire

ive had 2 slam fires happen to me...one with winchester ammo and the other with wolf

not saying it cant happen with wold but the chances are much less likely

Kind of hit or miss on the 7.62 x 39 bargain ammo.

If you can find Wolf, buy a case. Last time I bought it, it was around $3.25/20 rnd box.

Go with the Wolf, even by the box we only charge like 3.99 or 4.99 something like that.
It's still a lot cheaper than Rem.
Also by the case you can usually find it for under 200.00
We also have cases of 500 now for right around 100.00
Zero Hour Arms 508-584-0291

You need to read this thread: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13060 before you think about shooting US made commercial ammo in an SKS.
Unless you're at a gun show or having someone mail order for you, good prices on bulk 7.62x39 is hard to get. You're best bet will probably be a 500 round sleeve of Wolf for about $80 - $100. Its steep and sure a case of 1000 usually goes for $150 from online sources, but you have to pay the fiddler if you wanna dance.

Back
Top Bottom