Reloading Training?

I'm interested in beginning to reload my own ammo, both for cost savings and to customize my rounds for IPSC matches. However, I have no idea where to begin. Does anyone know where you can go to be taught the ins and outs of reloading? I'd like to reload .40 and .223 to start with, but know that reloading necked rifle ammo is more complicated that straight-cased pistol ammo.

Anyway, if anyone knows of any classes, etc, please let me know!

If you let folks know where you are located, you might get some mentoring.
There are many experienced handloaders on the forum who would be willing to help.

Jack

If you're local, I'd be happy to help you out. There are a LOT of variations in how you approach .223. I can show you what I do and why - much of which was pieced together based upon the experience of other NES members.

I live in Watertown, MA and work in Chelmsford, MA. I have none of my own equipment yet, since I thought I should know what I'm doing before I go out to buy anything. I think some mentoring is just what I would need!

I'm somewhat local to you (Saugus), and I'd be more than happy to show you what I've learned! (give me a week or so, i JUST ordered a new 550b and my Rockchucker arrives tomorrow, unfortunately i JUST sold my SquareDeal to fund the 550b)

suggestion: Start reading, a LOT. the reloading forum here is great for some basics, the forums over @ BrianEnos.com are AWESOME if you're into competition shooting (they've got thousands of great recipes over there!). aside from that, i suggest picking up the latest edition of "The ABC's of Reloading". check your local barnes and noble (the one in saugus stocks this book). after that, you'll need equipment, components, and a couple of loading manuals (to compare recipes, no one manual is perfect and includes all the data you might want).

drop me a PM if you need any more info.

you are more than welcome to come by and I will show you what I do. You are not far from me. PM me if you would like to stop over.

KTP has and intro and a hands on seminar

January 13, 2009
Introduction to Reloading

Introduction to Reloading is designed for people considering or just getting started in reloading their own firearm ammunition.

January 27, 2009
Intermediate Reloading

Intermediate Reloading will be a small “hands on” class, and is specifically for people looking to grow their knowledge of reloading techniques.

Here's the link

http://www.ktpevents.com/interior.php/pid/6

KTP has and intro and a hands on seminar

January 13, 2009
Introduction to Reloading

Introduction to Reloading is designed for people considering or just getting started in reloading their own firearm ammunition.

January 27, 2009
Intermediate Reloading

Intermediate Reloading will be a small “hands on” class, and is specifically for people looking to grow their knowledge of reloading techniques.

Here's the link

http://www.ktpevents.com/interior.php/pid/6

+1 on Kittery Trading Post - I took the classes and felt it was a great starter for anyone getting into reloading. I was confident enough to start once I read through a reloading manual or two and went two these FREE classes.

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone! I think that a good place to start might be the KTP introduction and possibly the intermediate course. I will certainly be back with questions here, as I realize them!

Back
Top Bottom