Reloading Supplies

Does anyone know where to find lead shot for reloading shotgun? I'm looking for 7.5, 8, 8.5 etc. and 1 1/8oz wads for target reloading and the pickings are slim.

Heritage gun and coin in West Warwick RI has lead shot for $25 a bag and discounts for quantity buys. Wads are $8 or 9 a bag for 500 claybusters

Check out XXXXXXXXX Good prices on lead and shipping is quick and inexpensive.

If they ship to Ma what does that have to do with NES? Unless of course you are receiving items from them and don't want to ruin a good source in which case you should say... "Please don't possibly ruin a good source that breaks the law for our benefit"

Just rubbing a bit. It seems that there isn't one person on here that isn't looking out after their behind from the awful Taxachusetts government. If my laws were the same I would be worried too.

In my research it seems that most places don't stock SG supplies. I found that resorting to Cr******list is a good place to start. I picked up about 100# of misc bulk lead and shot so far.

Last edited:
Question: Does the Commonwealth consider bags of lead shot to be the same as bullets???

I have a buddy who does restorations on antique cars, and he uses bags of lead shot as a weight and surface for pounding out dents. I'll have to let him know that his auto body tools are lethal weapons....

Please tell me you're kidding????

Question: Does the Commonwealth consider bags of lead shot to be the same as bullets???

If my understanding of the law is correct, then any component that could be used to make ammunition is considered unlawful to own without an FID and even with an FID, must be locked up.

Mind you, it would take a heck of a jerk to go after you for it but...

I tried getting shotshell wads...just wads....harmless little pieces of plastic.... shipped to Ma. by a major reloading company and was told they are sorry that I live in Massachusetts, they cant ship there, they have been threatened with lawsuits by the AG.

I just had a shouting match with eBay, which is one of the most stupid places on the planet. Their ban on ads for brass, while allowing ads for other reloading equipment is just plain STUPID.

The fellow who finally send me their definitive reply... instead of explaining WHY they allow one but not the other, just sent me copy and paste text from their "policy".....

Let's do a group buy and buy eBay, and open it back up again.

Heck the fellow couldn't understand that my empty brass is no more lethal than the lead ingots that someone else was selling as "bullet lead".....

No offense here but I think that is just plain ridiculous!

You think that people should be shooting a LOT more and getting out to their range to talk to people about where to buy shot? Seriously, I don't understand what that has to do with agencies "trolling" the forums. On what grounds can they go after NES for anything?

So what a company that WILL ship to MA is the ones breaking the law, not NES or any member that post's said information. So again... what does that have to do with NES?

Either way I think it is ridiculous. On both counts.

OP I Know it's hit or miss and out of the way, but KTP sometimes has some good deals on SG stuff as well. Also I was at State Line in Mason the other day and they have about 1K SG Primers.

I just had a shouting match with eBay, which is one of the most stupid places on the planet. Their ban on ads for brass, while allowing ads for other reloading equipment is just plain STUPID.

The fellow who finally send me their definitive reply... instead of explaining WHY they allow one but not the other, just sent me copy and paste text from their "policy".....

Let's do a group buy and buy eBay, and open it back up again.

Heck the fellow couldn't understand that my empty brass is no more lethal than the lead ingots that someone else was selling as "bullet lead".....

I closed my eBay account of 8 years when they instituted their moronic "policy" and haven't looked back since (until just now).

It isn't about NES. it's about alerting the anti gun gov't as to who is breaking their laws and going after them. You want to help ruin a potential resource for all by posting a name here. Fortunately some can see the forest for the trees.

The point is not that the AG will go after NES. But that they will put pressure on the supplier to stop shipping components to Ma. Unfortunately it works and we lose a good source of supplies.

Either way I think it is ridiculous. On both counts.

Either way, don't post the names of vendors that will ship to Mass.

It isn't about NES. it's about alerting the anti gun gov't as to who is breaking their laws and going after them. You want to help ruin a potential resource for all by posting a name here. Fortunately some can see the forest for the trees.

The point is not that the AG will go after NES. But that they will put pressure on the supplier to stop shipping components to Ma. Unfortunately it works and we lose a good source of supplies.

What they said.

You could have drove to RI by now and filled up your car with supplies. Was there last night. Has to have 2-3000 bags of lead in all sizes, wads and primers for sale.

Why doesn't everybody get together and do a large buy and have it delivered to RI, Conn or NH and split it up. It's not like it's that far to drive over the border, I drive to NH once a month or so and usually stop by KTP on the way home. Alcohol tobacco and firearms run is what we call it.

Shouldn't it be enough that I'm a gun owner. I think being anti-gun is a prerequisite to working in the AG's office.

This is not meant as an insult, but you must be young. You surely haven't witnessed
enough of the outright lies, deception, and back room dealing between the politicians
in this state and their minions. If you were older, you would have become hardened
and cynical, not because you are paranoid, but because you have witnessed unrelenting
discrimination because your gun interests. They are not mainstream in a society where
diversification is simply a buzzword and it is merely an awkward veil whose real meaning is
tolerance for what they like and intolerance for what they don't. Regardless of your ethnic,
religious, educational, skin color, or whatever, you are not welcome in this place. Your
interests are not of those who are in power and since you are a minority, they have no
place in their kingdom. You need a healthy dose of cynicism in order to keep you in condition
red. Merely suggesting that you are a gun owner would never allow me to believe that you
are not with the AG. It's their state and they can have the guns, but I believe (correct me
if I am wrong) you are quartered amongst the unwashed masses and you are not of sufficient
privilege to bear arms, regardless of what the Constitution of the United States says. And may
God have mercy on your soul if you so much as make one false step. The noose it
tightening on the gun owners of this God-forsaken hellhole and it won't be long before
all vestiges of gun ownership will be afforded only to those that belong to the ruling
class, very similar to the conditions that existed prior to the American Revolution.

Last edited:
Why doesn't everybody get together and do a large buy and have it delivered to RI, Conn or NH and split it up. It's not like it's that far to drive over the border, I drive to NH once a month or so and usually stop by KTP on the way home. Alcohol tobacco and firearms run is what we call it.

I once tried to buy ammo and have it delivered to a NH address. The supplier refused the order since my credit card has a MA address.

This is not meant as an insult, but you must be young. You surely haven't witnessed
enough of the outright lies, deception, and back room dealing between the politicians
in this state and their minions. If you were older, you would have become hardened
and cynical, not because you are paranoid, but because you have witnessed unrelenting
discrimination because your gun interests. They are not mainstream in a society where
diversification is simply a buzzword and it is merely an awkward veil whose real meaning is
tolerance for what they like and don't like. Regardless of your ethnic, religious, educational,
skin color, or whatever, you are not welcome in this place. Your interests are not of those
who are in power and since you are a minority, they have no place in their kingdom. You
need a healthy dose of cynicism in order to keep you in condition red. Merely suggesting
that you are a gun owner would never allow me to believe that you are not with the AG.
It's their state and they can have the guns, but I believe (correct me if I am wrong) you
are quartered amongst the unwashed masses and you are not of sufficient privilege to
bear arms, regardless of what the Constitution of the United States says. And may
God have mercy on your soul if you so much as make one false step. The noose it
tightening on the gun owners of this God-forsaken hellhole and it won't be long before
all vestiges of gun ownership will be afforded only to those that belong to the ruling
class, very similar to the conditions that existed prior to the American Revolution.

Although I do agree with you wholeheartedly I fail to see what your diatribe had to do with my good natured joke about the AG's office being anti-gun. This is in no way meant as an insult mind you. But its not a state secret that politicians outright lie about just about everything regardless of their party or position.

Also, I was born in Boston, grew up in this state, and have seen the rights of gun owners eroded over the last 16 years (since I started participating in the shooting sports). My ma**h*** cynicism knows no bounds.

Last edited:
Although I do agree with you wholeheartedly I fail to see what your diatribe had to do with my good natured joke about the AG's office being anti-gun. This is in no way meant as an insult mind you. But its not a state secret that politicians outright lie about just about everything regardless of their party or position.

Your joke obviously escaped me as leading up to this post you seem to be somewhat
reluctant to believe that things are as bad as they are and the AG's office is a anti-gun
as they are.

Also, I was born in Boston, grew up in this state, and have seen the rights of gun owners eroded over the last 16 years (since I started participating in the shooting sports). My ma**h*** cynicism knows no bounds.

Good. Now, you need to work on your paranoia. They are out to get you.

I saw in a couple of different forums today that Wolf Customer service said this week, That their delivering their new shipment of primers in late May or Early June to all their distributors.

Hopefully it will help ease the pressure on the demand on primers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom