• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

reloading for 30 carbine

Hi everyone,

With the cost of new ammo to feed my M1 carbine, I figure it's time to reload for that caliber. Can I have some recomendations from some carbine reloaders out there on which dies they use? Are there any "strange" things to know about reloading for this caliber?

Right now I reload for .223 and .38 super on a Dillon 550, will one of these shell plate holders work for 30 carbine?

Trying to keep this as inexpensive as possible, so I would prefer not to go with Dillon dies, unless of course it is preferred.

I have already done a search and came up with very few threads, mostly about recipies.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

I use Lee dies with the carbide sizer. My standard load using a linotype alloy, is the Lyman #311410 mold casting a 121g bevel base spire point bullet. I use 15g of H1680 w/ Win. primers. This load cycles my M1 carbine fine and is impressive in a Ruger Blackhawk pistol as well. Very accurate in a TC Contender. H110 & Win.296 are also great powder choices.
Get a Lyman loading manual!

Back
Top Bottom