• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Registering a Canoe

I registered my boat and trailer just 3 weeks ago. Boat registration came back in a few days. I was shocked. Turned it right around. Got a 23 sticker. I'm pretty sure I should have had a 21 or 22. But I got a 23. An extra year out of them.

Trailer??? We don't care that it's August. You're getting a 21 sticker and you'll like it. Bend over later this year for a renewal of that registration, A-hole.

Why does the RMV make things so hard???? Boat division, even via mail, was 100x better than any experience I've ever had at the Registry.

So I've had this canoe for about 10 years. Bought it in a private sale. No bill of sale that I can find. Thinking about putting a trolling motor on it which means I have to now register it as a boat. Checking the Mass Web site I need Bill of Sale, Title application Ya Da Ya Da.... Called the office and its closed (Drum Roll) because of Covid. All applications are done by mail. You's think sticking a trolling motor on a Canoe would be easier. I remember when a trolling motor was OK with no registration.
The gun mounts are what they don't like. Remove the gun mounts.

I registered my boat and trailer just 3 weeks ago. Boat registration came back in a few days. I was shocked. Turned it right around. Got a 23 sticker. I'm pretty sure I should have had a 21 or 22. But I got a 23. An extra year out of them.

Trailer??? We don't care that it's August. You're getting a 21 sticker and you'll like it. Bend over later this year for a renewal of that registration, A-hole.

Why does the RMV make things so hard???? Boat division, even via mail, was 100x better than any experience I've ever had at the Registry.
Ahh, That "Boat division" is not the RMV, That is the Mass Environmental Police, All boat registrations are for 2 years from the date of registration.

Back
Top Bottom