refinishing moving parts

Hey everyone, I am fairly new to the forum and I applied for my LTC about 4 1/2 weeks ago (still waiting) im looking at a sig p229 for my first pistol and noticed that you cant get the equinox version in MA for whatever reason. I would prefer the equinox over the standard p229 (reasons being purely aesthetic) and wanted to know if i could get parts powder coated, or nickel finished. These parts would be: the hammer, the slide catch lever, the magazine release, the trigger, the takedown lever, and the decocking lever. I dont know if puting any kind of alternate finish on it would hinder its performance, or perhaps hinder the parts from fitting back into their positions. If anyone can help that would be great!

BTW: i was looking into buying the parts (nickel) separately and it would cost around $200 (topgunsupply), so id like to save some money by having a finish put on it.

Look at Fords gun refinishing web site and look at their gallery of refinished guns. A good gun refinishing company like Fords can do it a lot cheaper but not faster. They also can give you a lot of choices like, nickle, bright chrome, brushed chrome and so on.

AMF Technologies, Westfield Electroplating, National Chromium - those types of places do lots of industrial coatings. I use them at work for coating my machine parts. Unfortunately I dont know how much it would cost to walk in and get work done, and/or if they have agreements with the gun manufacturers on coating parts outside of their contracts. Westfield does LOTS of work with firearm manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom