RED STAG Hunt

N.E. CHARTERS

Banned
Anyone intersted in getting a group together for a RED Stag Hunt in Maine?

http://www.hindsite-deer.com/

I would love to get some Venison but dont need 200 pounds of it. Maybe we could all shre the hunt and the meat processing and get better meat than you can buy in a store for less money & have fun at it.

I would let my Boy shoot a female Red and I would just help.

If we book for Multiple Deer we can get a better price on all of our hunts

Camp Out and make a long weekend out of it. Ill bring my ATV with triler to haul the deer out of the woods.

Dates are wide open right now.

Price depends on how many deer we want to shoot.

These are the prices that they just E mailed me.

Trophy Fallow Buck $2700
(two nights lakeside lodging)

12 to 13 point Trophy stag (4 years old or older).......
@ $2,500

14 to 16 point mature Trophy stags ( 4 years old or older)....
SCI. score 225 to 265 @ $3,500

17 and 18 point mature Trophy stags ( 4 years old or older)....
SCI score 266 to 290 @ $4,500

Capt Walt

Last edited:
I did a red stag hunt last year at Dillon's Gunsmoke Lodge in Brownville ME. http://emainehosting.com/gunsmokelodge/index.html The Stag is a great hunt, the venison was amazing and i did a mid sized Stag and the rack on my bull was huge, ill post a picture below.

I would recommend his place to anyone we had an absolute blast, great lodge great food, great hunt. take a look! i am planning a black bear hunt up there this winter, cant wait!

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm16/jm61784/IMG_0559.jpg

Canned hunt? You can feed your family for a while with 200 lbs. of stag slabs. I'd rather kill whitetails. I want a big buck on the wall, and that's it....O.K. maybe a bull elk or moose too. Have a good hunt though, even if it fenced in it is not a walk in the park.

PDStag.jpg

Got a discount price on a Group hunt!

Who is in?

Management Red Stag Hunt Package ( 3 management stags for $4,500) (6to 10 points)

jm, tell that stag to stop sticking it's tongue out at us!!

Dude, that is $7.50 per pound if you bag a 200# buck. YIKES!!!

Dude, that is $7.50 per pound if you bag a 200# buck. YIKES!!![/QUOTE]

Yup. An excellent price when you consider that if you bought Venison steaks they run between $25 to $30 per pound if you can find them. Venison Burger goes for $8 per pound also.

So it is quite a substantial savings plus you get to shoot your own so you know its fresh!

They idclue a cabin with the hunt package. we can also bring tents.

I actually only came home with about 150lbs too, the guy that runs the lodge was saying that the economy was killing him and he has not had nearly as much business this year as he is used to and it seemed he was pressed for cash.

when we went to pick up the meat from the butcher i gave him one of the 50lb packs and he almost cried he was so thankfully.

all in all, the hunt was well worth it, as i always say, I'm gona die with more than that in the bank!

Back
Top Bottom