• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deer Hunt training ?

Greetings All,

I am looking for a place or guide to take me hunting so I can learn what to do. I've taken the hunter safety course, but have never hunted in NH. So I am looking for a course, or a guide that I can go with to learn it. I'm not looking for a hunting experience, I want to learn.

thoughts ?

Thanks,
-Roscoe

Most states have “how to” deer hunting seminars that they run so you could contact the DNR but I expect that they have long since been conducted.

My suggestion is to see if someone at your local range might be willing to take you and also to ask around at work.

We also live in an information age and today there is a wealth of information available Online on how to get started and what to look for. A good orienteering course, also run by the DNR, will help you learn how to read topo maps.

Deer hunting is a year round activity and it starts with scouting right after the season ends so you can see what the deer were/are doing and why they were doing it.

Welcome to the addiction.

Bob

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom