• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Red dots are awesome!

Sorry to sound like an amateur, but I tried a cheap red dot on my post-ban M&P ORC (fixed ACE stock with Osprey forend grip/bi-pod). I had no idea that the optic worked by changing the refraction angle appropriately based on the incident angle.

I was amazingly on target firing 10 shots rapid fire. What an awesome tool!

Of course, it was super cheap and after 100 rounds, the screw stripped out. So I'll have to get another, better one!

SR

I can't wait for my Tapco to arrive so I can put it on my 10/22. It was only 50$ and would be my first red dot. I am trying to get a feel for the whole electronic optics aspect of shooting. I love iron sights though.

I think red dots are great in low light, when iron sights become very difficult to see.

I'll throw in a recommendation for Trijicon RX-30/RX-34, I have the 30 model and no batteries, Tritium Gas Lamp for dark, Fiber-optic for day.

I do need to look through an Eotech at some point to see what all the fuss is about.

Back
Top Bottom