• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommendations

Otter C

NES Member
So id like to build a sbr or two. I’ve read up and down about the process but I’m looking for cal recommendations. Everything I’ve read is 300blk seems useless without a can. So being a MA prisoner, i’m thinking 9mm with around an 8” barrel and .556 at 10.5”. Just looking for general input if this is the route to go and I’ll be looking to have a ffl at the freedom mill help with this also. Cheers.

That’s my thinking, in terms of why I don’t run 300blk (I also don’t reload).

I have a 6” 9mm which seems about right. My favorite sbr is my 5.56 11.5 BCM lightweight

Also any recommendations for brands is appreciated. I have some Aeros and 17 designs built (non sbr). Daniel’s and Noveske have caught my eye.

Isn't a barrel swap on a SP5 expensive? If OP is looking for something reasonably simple and economical to SBR later, does a SP5 make any sense?

5.56 would be a very convenient and economical swap, plus fun to shoot.

Isn't a barrel swap on a SP5 expensive? If OP is looking for something reasonably simple and economical to SBR later, does a SP5 make any sense?

5.56 would be a very convenient and economical swap, plus fun to shoot.
SP5 non-PDW comes with an 8.9" barrel (ideal for 9mm). Throw a stock on it, stamp, and voila.

Back
Top Bottom