Recommendation Brady Campaign sent to the Obama administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi

http://www.bradycampaign.org/

On their front page

The Brady Campaign sent a proposal to the Obama Administration transition team recommending steps that can be taken to address gun violence in America.

The document recommends how our nation's gun laws and policies can be strengthened to better protect our families and communities by making it harder for convicted felons, the dangerously mentally ill and other prohibited persons to obtain guns.

some of their recommendations from the PDF file

Repeal The Tiahrt Amendment's Unwarranted Restrictions On ATF
Repeal Restrictions on Disclosure of Crime Gun Data
Repeal the 24 hour Brady Record Destruction Requirement
Repeal the Prohibition on ATFs Power to Require Dealer Inventory Audits
Repeal The New Rules Allowing Concealed Carry In National Parks
Extend Brady Background Checks to All Gun Sales
Reduce Large-Volume Handgun Sales
Restrict Military Style Weapons

I truely fail to see how ANY of those supposed 'common sense' proposals will put criminals behind bars... [rolleyes]

So, when criminals start using silverware to commit crimes will we have to be licensed to buy forks, knives and spoons? Take a cutlery safety course and register our sporks?

I hope they all choke on this proposal.

Not even going to click on the link. My blood pressure is already high enough.

PART ONE: REVERSING THE DAMAGE DONE DURING THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION
-REPEAL THE TIAHRT AMENDMENT’S UNWARRANTED RESTRICTIONS ON ATF

-REPEAL RESTRICTIONS ON DISCLOSURE OF CRIME GUN DATA

-REPEAL THE 24-HOUR BRADY RECORD DESTRUCTION REQUIREMENT

-REPEAL THE PROHIBITION ON ATF’S POWER TO REQUIRE DEALER INVENTORY AUDITS

-REPEAL NEW RULES ALLOWING CONCEALED CARRY IN NATIONAL PARKS

-REPEAL OR AMEND THE FEDERAL GUN INDUSTRY LEGAL PROTECTION STATUTE TO RESTORE EQUAL JUSTICE FOR GUN VIOLENCE VICTIMS

PART TWO: MOVING FORWARD TO REDUCE CRIME AND PREVENT GUN VIOLENCE
-EXTEND BRADY BACKGROUND CHECKS TO ALL GUN SALES, INCLUDING ALL
GUN SHOW SALES

-FULLY FUND THE NICS IMPROVEMENT ACT

*-CLOSE THE “TERROR GAP” TO DENY FIREARMS TO TERRORISTS
(I would think this goes without saying NOW!)

-PROHIBIT GUN POSSESSION BY VIOLENT MISDEMEANANTS AND PERSONS
CONVICTED OF VIOLENT ACTS AS JUVENILES

-RESTRICT LARGE-VOLUME HANDGUN SALES TO REDUCE TRAFFICKING

-GIVE ATF STRONGER AND MORE FLEXIBLE AUTHORITY TO ENFORCE THE
LAW AGAINST CORRUPT DEALERS

-STRENGTHEN ATF’S ABILITY TO CRACK DOWN ON GUN DEALERS WHO SELL TO STRAW PURCHASERS

-REQUIRE GUN OWNERS TO REPORT LOST OR STOLEN GUNS

-REQUIRE LICENSED DEALERS TO ADOPT MINIMUM SECURITY SAFEGUARDS TO PREVENT GUN THEFTS

-REQUIRE LICENSED GUN MANUFACTURERS AND DEALERS TO PERFORM BACKGROUND CHECKS ON THEIR EMPLOYEES

-PREVENT DEALERS FROM LIQUIDATING THEIR INVENTORY WITHOUT BACKGROUND CHECKS AFTER THEIR LICENSES HAVE BEEN REVOKED

-REQUIRE ALL NEW GUNS TO HAVE MICROSTAMPING CAPABILITY BY A DATE CERTAIN

-REQUIRE DEALERS TO REPORT INFORMATION ABOUT GUNS SOLD TO MANUFACTURERS TO STREAMLINE TRACING OF CRIME GUNS

-RESTRICT MILITARY-STYLE WEAPONS

-REQUIRE CONSUMER SAFETY STANDARDS AND CHILDPROOF SAFETY FEATURES FOR FIREARMS

-REQUIRE MINIMUM SAFETY STANDARDS FOR HANDGUN OWNERS AND IMPROVE RECORDKEEPING OF HANDGUN TRANSFERS

-IMPROVE NATIONAL VIOLENT DEATH REPORTING SYSTEM DATA, AND RESTORE FIREARMS RESEARCH FUNDING FOR THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION

Yup...Helmke and crew....
Douchebag.jpg

Last edited:
I can understand not reading I guess, but I like to know what I'm fighting against and prepare my arguments.

I've read it through a couple of times. Total bullshit of course. I see the NRA as a counterweight to these guys. I see GOAL as directly protecting me, even bought my dad a membership for his birthday this year.

This is why we have to do more than talk the talk, this shit actually makes sense to people with no firearms experience, no common sense, and maybe those who have suffered a traumatic head injury one too many times.

My wish list includes the Brady Campagn's going to hell. With the economy the way it is we will see how well they continue to function in this economy unless Obama and his goonies bail them out.

They can take Kennedy, Kerry, Patrick and Menino with them when they go as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom