• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

REASON (S) FOR REQUESTING THE ISSUANCE OF CARD OR LlCENSE?

Any thoughts on the best way to fill in this blank on the application

REASON (S) FOR REQUESTING THE ISSUANCE OF CARD OR LlCENSE:

Also, does anybody have any experience obtaining a LTC in Reading?

I paid $200 for assistance in crafting a beautiful letter to my COP which did absolute shite for me.

I recommend "ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES including but not limited to self defense, home defense, personal protection in and away from home, hunting, sporting, target practice, collecting, leisure and recreation."

If you are in a green town, you are all set. If you are in a red town and get restricted, now you can go back and bitch because you have all these legitimate reasons for which you were denied.

I wish I simply wrote the above as I would have had much better recourse than my "I'm a good boy" letter.

My opinion. IANAL. YMMV.

Any thoughts on the best way to fill in this blank on the application

REASON (S) FOR REQUESTING THE ISSUANCE OF CARD OR LlCENSE:

Yes. They can be found at the top of THIS section, by those who bother to look:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1784

Pretty much any question regarding how to file a license application has been discussed, usually at great length. Yours is one of them.

I really thought that we covered this and I did read the stickies and used the search etc. I could not find a direct answer to the question asked. I'll quote one of my favorite members of this forum:

"Anyone preparing and submitting an application should take every step to ensure that the application is the actual authorized form, and that it is done completely and accurately"

Due to the serious nature of the application process as emphasized in this very section I see the need to ask the question directly. Perhaps my reading comprehension won't get me into law school, however, I don't believe this forum is just for lawyers.

Also, there is a second question to the post, which has not been covered. Reading is not green or red on the list and I would like some feedback from someone who has successfully filed an application in that town.

I paid $200 for assistance in crafting a beautiful letter to my COP which did absolute shite for me.

I recommend "ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES including but not limited to self defense, home defense, personal protection in and away from home, hunting, sporting, target practice, collecting, leisure and recreation."

If you are in a green town, you are all set. If you are in a red town and get restricted, now you can go back and bitch because you have all these legitimate reasons for which you were denied.

I wish I simply wrote the above as I would have had much better recourse than my "I'm a good boy" letter.

My opinion. IANAL. YMMV.

I grew up in Reading and had no problem getting my ALP but I agree with Wayne for your first question. When I filled out that question I listed some of the same things along with every other reason I could think of just to make sure I covered all the bases.

That was all before I was told about this site by dreppucci007 (thanks again Dave) and could get help from all the great members here and who are far more knowledgeable than I am.

Back
Top Bottom