Rapid-fire/Mag dump?

The Westford Sportsmen's Club, In Westford, MA has no rules on the rate of fire as long as you are safe and all of the rounds hit the berm. I know because I am The Outdoor Range chairman and I wrote the Range Rules

[bow]

MRAs being the worse ive seen

+1

He's not. He's just the guy we hired to be our flack catcher. [wink]

Ken

[rofl]

If you haven't gotten the drift yet, most clubs frequented by NES members allow just about anything, so long as it's done safely and in a controlled manner. So long as the rounds are all hitting the back stop/berm, no one cares too much how they get there.

Case in point, I'm also a member of the MRA for convenience (it's 10 minutes from my house w/a 24-7 indoor range), but I prefer to do my shooting at Westford.

I unloaded a few magazines as fast as I could, but it was in my backyard.... ammo beats a shovel for digging holes, just mind the feet.

Fired my .460 S&W on a firiends property last week. Actually dug a trench leading to the base of the berm and split a large rock in two that was buried in the trench line. Grin, minding the feet was not a problem. [rofl]

A lot of clubs have the general rule that you cannot shoot faster than you can control the weapon. I would interpret this as maintaining all shots on the target area. Why not just shoot as fast as you can while doing so? You said your goal was to practice controlled rapid fire. Rapid fire is in the eye of the beholder. If you can keep it all on the paper, than more power to you.

Problem being,it takes only one errant round to shut down a club..It would suck to find out that every round was safe and "only a few" left the club and found their way into a few windows.

I'm talking about bump-firing,not rapid fire.

your right Greg.

I would echo what someone else said a few posts back. Just look for a range that does not have rules regarding rapid fire. They are out there. Again, I know I live in Western MA but I cant think of any range in my area (Leyden, Franklin County Sportsman, Guilford Sportsman etc) that have ever given me a problem with my Class 3 NFA stuff or my semi "evil" rifles when I want to just "let em rip" As long as I "let em rip" in a safe and controlled manner and keep the rounds downrange and in the burm life is good....

example LOL :) http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v673/5150rob/?action=view&current=MOV01173.flv

sorry I couldnt resist :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom