Ranges open to the public

I live in Bristol RI, so i was thinking about either the Somerset Sportsman club or the East Warren Rod and Gun. But my new Stag Arms Model 6 is begging to be used this saturday

So Mass does really suck huh? Even if im a RI resident i still cant bring it to a range in MA?

Not unless you have a non-resident MA Class A or B LTC AND not if it has "evil" features: bayonett lug or adjustable stock or removable flash hider/brake or perm attached flash hider. You can bypass the LTC only if you are going to a competition or driving through to NH/ME/VT.

And yes... MA does suck.

Last edited:
Are there any outdoor rifle ranges in RI or MA that are open to the public?

You can drive to Springfield and shoot at Smith and Wesson. It's $20 bucks a lane and you can shoot all day. Only pistols and the only ammo restriction is no Wolf ammo. I've shot there a couple times before joining my local club.

public range

Does anyone know of a range open to the public? I was hoping to go out try out my new sig on Sat. I am trying to submit an application to Braintree.

Does anyone know of a range open to the public? I was hoping to go out try out my new sig on Sat. I am trying to submit an application to Braintree.

Not sure what you mean about "trying to submit . . ." All you need to do is go to www.brp.org and fill out the application online and submit it. Show up for the New Member Orientation (usually 2nd Sunday of month) and you'll be in.

Not sure what you mean about "trying to submit . . ." All you need to do is go to www.brp.org and fill out the application online and submit it. Show up for the New Member Orientation (usually 2nd Sunday of month) and you'll be in.

For some reason I cant submit the form. So I put in for the 19th new member orientation meeting and I will bring the app then.

There may be a bug on the website, or ? I suggest sending an Email to the Webmaster off the sight, he's real good at responding and he'll fix it if there is a web problem, or tell you what you need to do.

I just looked. You fill it out online and either print it or submit by Email (buttons at bottom of page). If you submit via Email they Email you a confirmation and you show up, sign it, sit thru the class and you are good to go.

You can drive to Springfield and shoot at Smith and Wesson. It's $20 bucks a lane and you can shoot all day. Only pistols and the only ammo restriction is no Wolf ammo. I've shot there a couple times before joining my local club.

You can shoot Wolf at Smith, no restriction.

I have shot outdoors at Cape Ann Sportsman in Gloucester on Sunday mornings.
The outdoor range is open to the public until the first Sunday in December from 9 till Noon for a 15 dollar fee

Google them they have a website

Manchester Firing Line in Manchester NH is my current range facility, open to the public, 15 bucks for the first hour, 7.50 each additional

Back
Top Bottom