• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Randy the Plumber

The below letter was posted in it's entirety by someone claiming to be his sister.

From Randy Rusciolelli
Journey Man Plumbing
An open letter to the Mountain Communities
I was a collector of fine firearms both military and commercial. The actual value of the firearms and ammo taken from me was $283,000.00. The terrorist threat charge was made against me by a girl I broke up with over 4 months ago. She had called at all hours of the day and night and the Sheriff’s have the evidence in both our phone records. I called for help over 3 different months to no avail. Recently she broke into my house through a dog door and changed my email password and stole several items of mine. I never threatened her life and had only called her 2 times in the last 3-4 months. To her ever increasing attacks on me, all I can say to the Sheriff’s is "Total shame on you".

When I was arrested, they had already possessed both our phone records and recordings of my alleged threats and no corroborating witnesses. The explosive charges against me are for possessing more than 1 pound of sporting (Goex) black powder, possessing military tracer rounds illegal in California, but legal in Arizona, Nevada and other states, and for a destructive device that is a $250.00 black powder golf ball commercially manufactured and clearly stamped for "Black Powder Only" with a fuse hole in the base.

I possess only 1 California Assault weapons license that was issued to me in 1990. Notice that the enclosed license is marked temporary as no permanent one was ever issued. I can only fire one rifle at a time but regardless, they discovered an additional 5 banned rifles without permits.

In 47 years, I have absolutely no criminal or civil record. My bail was set at half a million dollars and most likely will be raised to 1.5 million in my next court appearance. I am not a survivalist, paramilitarist, nor a right or left-winger. I am an American citizen who loves to go into the desert to shoot rifles, pistols and shot guns. I wished I could have had a 155mm Howister canon too, but I did not. My guns have never killed any living thing, and in my 31 years of target shooting, no harm has ever been inflicted upon any beings.

I read the articles about my arrest, and I am astounded by the fact that these officers lied about how they even came to arrest me. Please re-read the articles again.

I found out this 47 year old girlfriend has a history of attacking and suing her last 3 boyfriends. This is a fact that I have found out too late. The police have recording of her on tape admitting to have broken into my house. During the breach, she managed to open my computer and proceeded to change my email, passwords and other devious things.

I have owned my house on Firwood drive in Running Springs for 20 years, and in one day I lost my house, closed my business and had every item taken from me of significant value that I had collected over the span of my lifetime. I spent 6 days in jail and after posting bail of $500,000.00, I got out and spent time with my parents, family, and my dog. Within days of this, I had to go back to court and the judge immediately issued a criminal restraining order against me. "Amazing"!

I cannot let my freedom be placed in control by our present justice system. I have consulted with many top lawyers, and all advised me that 10 years ago, this search warrant would have been illegal; not anymore.

We Americans are losing too many of our rights under the guides of terrorism laws. The bottom line is that the above stated violations will result in a 6 year stay in state prison with the lowest end being a 1 year term with felony conviction. I apologize to all that know me, but I cannot handle that I am now penniless, homeless and about to lose my freedom over my zealous collecting. Thank you for all the times we had. It is better to die a free and armed man than a broke, imprisoned and un-armed one.

The news story is here.
http://www.mountain-news.com/news/article_a5e490da-eaab-11e0-bedb-001cc4c002e0.html

PS: I tried to confirm the accuracy of the story with some folks in CA. They believe it is accurate but weren't 100% sure.

well at least he is spending some time with his dog.... just goes to show you the kitty isnt always worth it

Google search confirms the death. If it's true it's a sad commentary on our legal system and common sense.

Google search confirms the death. If it's true it's a sad commentary on our legal system and common sense.

That's why I am posting it. I want to make sure this story circulates. The terrorist threat charge is the biggest bogus pos charge in the bunch. Their terroristic threat statute is abused by police there who conflate that with "terrorist" and violate the 4A with impunity. I think he had a chance of beating this but his allusion to the bail increasing is an important point.

The states are starting to hold people on no bail or impossible bail in order to force them to plead out. The higher the bail the weaker the case is in too many of these circumstances. They know if you are in jail you can't fight.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the odds of anyone getting disciplined are low. Absolutely nothing stopping this from happening to someone else.

I just hope he's happy now

Disciplined? In their eyes they did nothing wrong... [sad2]

This is tragic... The same thing is happening in MA...

It is. We just filed a DAR support letter for a gunny who was convicted on evidence seized in an unlawful search. The DAR was rejected within a day. There is a good deal of evidence that the "evidence" against him was not as strong as the prosecutor alleged. It was definitely collected in contra to the 4th amendment.

The evidence was destroyed by the bomb squad and not a single picture of the "bomb" which supposedly had a fuse sticking out of it exists, despite a mountain of photographs of the apartment and places where the "bomb" was found. There is one X-ray image and it fails to show the fuse in or near the "bomb" (which was just a can of black powder) despite the fuse material having metal in it. Better yet, the fuse miraculously wasn't destroyed by the bomb squad and was "found" days later in the parking lot.

This guy is rotting away in prison while his attorney tries to get him a new trial.

I've said it before domestic violence laws are the biggest destroyer of liberty, surpassing the war on drugs. Cue the fem apologists.

What an awful story... I read the original arrest story, the suicide / dropping of the charges story, and his letter aloud to my wife... this is SCARY! Uncorroborated threats or complaints are resulting in lives ruined.

Thanks, Terra. RIP, Mr. Rusciolelli.

The charges were dismissed by Judge Richard V. Peel at the request of prosecutor Karen Khim. Her motion came during a disposition hearing. Khim told the judge she had confirmed Rusciolelli's death with the sheriff's department, and moved for dismissal in the interests of justice.

What Mr. Rusciolelli got wasn't justice, it was legalities. If I had read this story a few years ago I would have questioned it. Now it doesn't really surprise me. Did he break some laws? Probably. Did he ever harm anyone? Apparently not. Even when he took his own life he did so in such a way that no one would be injured. How did ruining this guy's life make society any safer?

RIP Randy. Wherever you wind up, save a few seats. I suspect you'll have a lot of company if things keep going the way they are.

[sad2]

http://www.mountain-news.com/news/a...11e0-bedb-001cc4c002e0.html#user-comment-area

Rusciolelli's letter also included a handwritten message. "This is not a reckless act," he said of his impending suicide, "as the bullet may lodge in the tree bark if it exits my scull (sic)."

Concern for others until the end.

Keeping an AW in CA without having papers (that you can no longer get) in CA is a high risk activity, as the state aggressively pursues violations. I know of one case where a separate felony count was filed for each AR magazine. Domestic violence was the password that opened the door to his home, however, the AW ban provided for a slam-dunk felony conviction if he did indeed have some without proper papers.

Unfortunately the odds of anyone getting disciplined are low. Absolutely nothing stopping this from happening to someone else.

I just hope he's happy now

If I was his sister, I would be looking into a wrongful death lawsuit against the POS worthless BI*** that made untruthful accusations against her brother. According to the letter posted, phone records possesed by the sheriffs dept. would show she was harrassing him, and maybe o more in-depth investigation would bring up more relavant facts in this truly sad situation.

If I was his sister, I would be looking into a wrongful death lawsuit against the POS worthless BI*** that made untruthful accusations against her brother.

The fundamental problem is that the subject was found to be in possession of unregistered AWs - a felony in CA, and one that the state gives high priority to prosecuting to the fullest. This will be used as evidence that the information she provided was "good", and make it virtually impossible to prosecute or sue her - as the only witness (who would probably be ignored anyhow) to contradict her story of the threats is now dead. Plus, allowing a suit against her would discourage others from the "see something, say something" agenda, so it's not going anywhere - even in the unlikely case a contingency fee attorney can be found.

CA should simply fall into the ocean, we'd all be better for it
Then all the big money libs would move to Nevada and Arizona and ruin those states. The natural state of affairs is a screwed up coastline.

That's the area I where grew up and where my brothers still live. You wouldn't have to have California drop into the ocean to make the world a better place, just a few miles of coastline. Once you get away from places like San Francisco and Los Angeles, you notice that the state has a much more conservative/libertarian attitude. Other than requiring repeat training for renewals, the San Bernardino Sheriff's Office treats CCW licenses pretty much as "shall issue".

Ken

Back
Top Bottom