R&R Sport Shop

This is a place I like to stop at when in the area. It's a Sporting Goods Store that has managed to survive the onslaught of the Dick's, Cabelas, and the Bass Pro Shops. It's loaded with product and more guns than I've seen in a long time. The prices seem better than in the past and the staff seemed more than willing to answer any and all questions. I'll make it a point to stop again.

Next time your in there ask them if they have any preban mags. You will then get the misinformation that you can't use that in a postban gun.[popcorn] I will take my business elsewhere thanks.

been doing business with him since he first opened. ive only bought one other gun from another dealer. the rest of mine came from r and r.

bob

The old man behind the computer has always been rude to me, and one of the other guys snapped at me and told me I "didn't need any more ammo"

I take my biz elsewhere too.

I bought my first gun there from rich. Knocked 50$ off when he found out it was my first gun .

Not saying they don't have flaws all businesses do but the pros out weigh the con

And they don't collect my info for everything purchased

R&R much like A&J in Housatonic have done very well riding the Obama gun phenomenon. I remember when both stores had less than a dozen new hand guns and only one or two AR-15s. Now they both have a hundred new handguns and at least as many new long arms. On occasion a collectable hand gun may make it into the display case at 300% of Blue Book value. In both stores you are treated like a child if you ask a fairly technical question and they don't have answer, or maybe they just enjoy being rude. Occasionally (not often) I will find a gem or bargain, most likely because they did not what they were selling or priced it wrong.

R&R much like A&J in Housatonic have done very well riding the Obama gun phenomenon. I remember when both stores had less than a dozen new hand guns and only one or two AR-15s. Now they both have a hundred new handguns and at least as many new long arms. On occasion a collectable hand gun may make it into the display case at 300% of Blue Book value. In both stores you are treated like a child if you ask a fairly technical question and they don't have answer, or maybe they just enjoy being rude. Occasionally (not often) I will find a gem or bargain, most likely because they did not what they were selling or priced it wrong.

+1 Perfect description on R&R. They can be rude, have an attitude, fuddy, etc..... but will give breaks for cash, and will deal on used guns. When I was there last they were fairly loaded up with stock. Rich buys in bulk on Ruger and Smith products and right now has probably overbought at least for the short term. Prices are average. I stop there and look for some gems, but the crappy attitude over the years stops me from buying much anymore from them or doing any business unless I find something used for a good price.

New guns...nope...not buying there. In fact, the he was one of the only dealers that had the E series I just picked up. He was probably 60 dollars more than online...and with cash, I could have gotten that down lower, but I chose to go online because they were dickish to me and acted like it was a big deal when I took the gun out of the case to look at it. Even though no one was in the shop at the time. Back in the day, i let that shit slide cause he would have been the only one with that gun. In the new age of internet shopping, I'm glad to say Fxck you and walk out.

The archery guy was very friendly, they had a ton of bows hanging....lots of leftovers some at some at decent prices.

Last edited:
R&R is not my regular LGS because its the other direction of my normal work travels, but I do stop about once a month (ammo, whatever) on a trip back I make out to the Leeds VA for volunteer work. I've very recently picked up an C&R purchase for myself and a late 60's Colt .22 my wife bought at very fair prices (imho). But then again, Im not looking for pure safe-queens, either.

Like many shops, the more they get to recognize you, the better the family feel. I am very satisfied with the guys there and would not hesitate to recommend them, but as always, going there with a friend who may want an introduction can often be better than just waltzing in and saying "so and so sent me".

I haven't bought any "new guns in a while, so any new gun is priced too high for me, no matter where I look....must be the ol' New England Yankee in me.

Back
Top Bottom