Quickload and CFE BLK powder

My version of Quickload does not have the CFE BLK powder.
Powders are in the file qloadfw.pro, but it does not have a line for CFE BLK powder.

Does your Quickload includes CFE BLK powder?

It was in an update from January I think. Or right around there.
Buy the newest update from then and it will be on the list.

How often are updates put out, i have had QL about a year now. I have not come across a powder or bullet combo that was not there already?
just curious as there has been a few new powders inteoduced last 3 years or so

How often are updates put out

I don't know. I think I had ordered the May update (what was advertised). On checking, what I was sent was the July update. So, it seems like it's fairly regular. At least several times a year.

The updates are not just for new powders / projectiles /etc. They do seem to tweak parameters for the older data from time to time, as well. I think H4350 got a tweak to the heat of explosion value, for instance, relative to my last update.

Yes, several new powders over the last three years have been added. A number of new projectiles, etc. I needed the update to get new powder information along with data for the Hornady A-Max (because I'm lazy).

You're probably pretty up-to-date if you've purchased it within the last year. But, they keep adding the newer stuff and the updates are not too expensive when you need it. Pretty certain someone could assist you with the updated data from time to time, as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom