Questions on the CT non-res CCW application process

I'm reviewing the paperwork for the CT non-res pistol permit application and have several questions that I was hoping someone who has gone through this process might be able to weigh in on:

A. DPS-46-C Application Card (white card)
1. Previous Address: Did you list one? How far back do you have to go?
2. Reason for Permit: What did you write ("all lawful purposes")?

B. DPS-799-C Pistol Permit Application (blue form)
1. Page 2, section III, Social Security Number: Do you have to provide this?
2. Page 4, section G. Proof of Training: Are they looking for a certificate that says "NRA Basic Pistol Course" on it or what information on your training course do they need to see? Does it have to be within the last 6 months?

C. DPS-129-C (white form)
1. Do they care how the 2x2 photo is attached?
2. Do we (or the notary?) fill this form out or just attach the photo and have it notarized?

D. Fingerprint cards
1. We should fill out the information on the front of the cards, right?
2. Should we also fill out the back of the CT (green) fingerprint card?

E. DPS-249-C Authorization for Release of Personal Information (white form)
1. Did you submit this? If not, how much do you think it will detract from your application?

I'll respond with what I remember, but it's been awhile.

A. DPS-46-C Application Card (white card)
1. Previous Address: Did you list one? How far back do you have to go?
2. Reason for Permit: What did you write ("all lawful purposes")?

I wrote something generic like "personal protection" or "all lawful purposes" and I got the license without issue. It's not like Mass. where they can restrict the permit, in CT it's issued or it isn't. There's "Classes" of license but it's for bail enforcement, security guard, or both; but I'd assume none of those apply to you.

E. DPS-249-C Authorization for Release of Personal Information (white form)
1. Did you submit this? If not, how much do you think it will detract from your application?

I didn't fill this out, but the license came back just fine, no issues. It's not like I have anything to hide, it's just that their release form is really vague and makes it sound like you're giving them consent to get almost any info on you.

Just to get the terminology right. Its not a CCW permit in CT.

Its a pistol permit.

Or more specifically a "permit to carry pistols and revolvers".

There is no statute requiring you to conceal. So its not a CCW.

Good points. It also doesn't allow you to carry "weapons," just pistols/revolvers.

Back
Top Bottom