Questions about this Mauser

Hello Folks. A good friend of mine recently inherited some interesting German firearms. They are WW2 bring backs and for the time being the assumption is their is no provenance paperwork. The first is what i believe is a K98 mauser. Everything is there but the stock. From the pics you can see some surface rust but I have been told the pitting is minimal to none. Everything is there but the stock which a replacement will have to be found for. The next firearm he got is a luger. No pics on this yet but will get some this weekend. I haven't seen these guns in person yet so i have not physically put my hands on them to look over. Any info you could share would be much appreciated.

Yes it is a K98k Mauser, made at the Brunn II plant (Bystrica) in Czechoslovakia n 1945. The bolt matches the action which is a very nice plus. Some good wood, fittings, and light elbow grease on the rust (I recommend Kroil), you'll have a nice piece. Is the bore any good?

T

The bore is good from what ive been told. My buddy who owns it I have mentioned for him to buy a stock w/ barrel bands, trigger guard, action screws and a cleaning rod. Anything i may have missed? I apologize if i used the wrong terminology on these parts as i have no knowledge of mausers. I'll be in his parts in about a month and cant wait to get my hands on this and hopefully get it built up again and put a few rounds through her.

Back
Top Bottom