Question to LEOs

I was just reading yesterday about the dangers of carrying a shotgun with a round in the chamber. You COULD be hunting and someone COULD call the cops and a cop COULD approach you and tell you to drop the shotgun.

Just for some clarification... everything I've said in this thread so far has been either half serious, tongue in cheek, or just plain joking around.

If I were in a real situation where an LEO was ordering me to drop my weapon, throw it out the window, whatever... I'd do it, obviously. There's nothing gained by arguing or debating with a police officer... especially if their own safety is what is driving their interaction with you. If you start to argue or debate or do what YOU want instead, the officer will most likely take that as a direct threat to their safety.

What happens if you don't have a gun? The cop thinks they saw one as they came up because they have now been prejudiced to the idea you are armed because the dang puter said you done gots one? They order from afar to drop it out the window of the car and you can't because you don't have one? This is why using the info from the computer that says you have a license is stupid and I would hope good cops would not trust that info.

What happens if you don't have a gun? The cop thinks they saw one as they came up because they have now been prejudiced to the idea you are armed because the dang puter said you done gots one? They order from afar to drop it out the window of the car and you can't because you don't have one? This is why using the info from the computer that says you have a license is stupid and I would hope good cops would not trust that info.

"We can't pull over any more, we're already pulled over!"

Back
Top Bottom