Question for Ammo Storage

I use a Greenlee jobsite box the same size as yours as my small arms locker (I am a low-budget operator and can't afford a safe [smile]). I modified the inside to hold my rifle, shotgun, air pistol, ammo and personal papers. I have also found that large plastic food-storage containers from WalMart or Market Basket make excellent ammo storage containers. Their plastic construction makes them lightweight and inexpensive, as well as air-tight and waterproof.

Yeah, but they you're not meeting the CMR, the ammo has to be locked. It is a stupid rule and I could probably get away with not locking them. However, after all I went through to get my LTC, I'm not risking it.

http://www.qualitymatters.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=QMPRO-2300&click=21247

QMPRO-2300-2.jpg

Yeah, but they you're not meeting the CMR, the ammo has to be locked. It is a stupid rule and I could probably get away with not locking them. However, after all I went through to get my LTC, I'm not risking it.

The jobsite box that he is talking about is the same exact box I own, it totally meets the storage law as prescribed if it is locked. Its no different than a file cabinet, or a closet that has a lock. If he is storing his ammo in this same box than he's fine. He never really did specify though.

The jobsite box that he is talking about is the same exact box I own, it totally meets the storage law as prescribed if it is locked. Its no different than a file cabinet, or a closet that has a lock. If he is storing his ammo in this same box than he's fine. He never really did specify though.

Where is a good place to get a reasonably priced jobsite box and about how much should it run for something like 36" wide?

All home improvement stores (home cheapot, loews,) there good places to figure out the exact model your looking for, then go online and find one used or, find a better price on the new one

the price could range from 50 to 300 dollars, its like anything you would buy, you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom