• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about purchasing a Glock 27 from another state

I have read some confusing posts on this board regarding purchasing a firearm from out of state. I am looking for a hard to find Glock 27. Some posters seem to be implying that I can purchase from out of state a Glock 27 made prior to 1998 (the Glock is on the state list…but not approved by the AG. Is this true? Can I really just find a Glock 27 manufactured prior to 1998 in any state and have it shipped here?

From what I understand. They would have to have proof that it was made before that date.

And you have to find a FFL that's willing to transfer the firearm.

I'm sure that Len or Cross-X will have more information. Or correct me if I'm mistaken.

But that's what I understand.

Question about that post?

This post you referenced seems to be clear that I can shop out of state for hard to find handguns. Unfortunately, it sounds to good to be true. If I could shop out of state I would have no problem tracing the serial number to confirm the manufacture date. This would be great if it is accurate. Confirmation for this would be helpful.

Thank you for your help

It appears that I can shop out of state for a pre-1998 glock. Here is a letter I recieved from GOAL:

Steve:
by federal law, that handgun must be transferred to you through a federally licensed dealer in Massachusetts. That dealer must abide by two sets of standards in order to be able to transfer it to you.

You are correct that if it was manufactured prior to 1998, it would be exempt from the AG's regs, which is one standard.

To meet or be exempt from the other standard, the gun must be on the "approved firearms roster" (and many Glocks are) OR have been previously possessed on a Massachusetts license prior to 1998.

STAFF, Gun Owners' Action League
[email protected]
508-393-5333

Back
Top Bottom