Question about calibrating an older Dillon Digital scale

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
I recently bought a used D Terminator scale. I called Dillon about sending me instructions to cal it which they did within a few minutes. There are several different models and although they all have slightly different calibration procedures, they are essentially alike.
Basically the procedure is this:

1 Turn scale on
2 Press zero button
3 Press and hold the CAL button. It should display 50 grams or 700 grains
4 Press the OFF key once. The display should change to CAL 0
5 Set appropriate weight on platform
6 If the scale is OK, it will read CAL F in a few seconds. If it is bad, then it will not read at all or will display CAL E.

When I go through this procedure and do step 4, I do not see a "CAL 0", nor do I see a "CAL F" or a "CAL E" but it seems to weigh the 50 gram calibration weight pretty accurately.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Do you have scale set to grams?
Im not sure if it matters with the old scales? Although my 2 newer scales less than 10 yr old when you hit cal automatically switch to grams?

tey brian Enos forum I find it to be like a Dillion sub support forum

Do you have scale set to grams?
Im not sure if it matters with the old scales? Although my 2 newer scales less than 10 yr old when you hit cal automatically switch to grams?

tey brian Enos forum I find it to be like a Dillion sub support forum
Yep, set to grams. I was a member at the Eno forums but I was under the impression they were pretty much archived. I'll have to check it again.

I was bored today...couldn't do much because of bad muscle spasms in my back, so I decided to see if I could figure this out...and I did.

For some reason, when I tried to do step four when it says, "Press the OFF key once. The display should change to CAL 0", it wouldn't do anything. I found, actually by accident that if I pressed ZERO instead of OFF, the rest of the calibration worked... CAL 0 would pop up, then I would see the CAL F. I placed the 50 Gram weight on it (that Dillon so graciously sent me for free, express mail even) and the display read exactly 50 Grams. [rockon]

Last edited:
I was bored today...couldn't do much because of bad muscle spasms in my back, so I decided to see if I could figure this out...and I did.

For some reason, when I tried to do step four when it says, "Press the OFF key once. The display should change to CAL 0", it wouldn't do anything. I found, actually by accident that if I pressed ZERO instead of OFF, the rest of the calibration worked... CAL 0 would pop up, then I would see the CAL F. I placed the 50 Gram weight on it (that Dillon so graciously sent me for free, express mail even) and the display read exactly 50 Grams. [rockon]
Take yourself out to lunch!

Take yourself out to lunch!
Well...I did, kinda....I took myself out for some soft serve ice cream. My lovely wife is in Missouri setting up our household (at least that's what she tells me) so I am here alone waiting out my days until retirement...three weeks to go (but who's counting?).

This prompted me to try mine, must be a different generation though as is doesn’t have a cal button and uses the 700 gram weight. It does use the off button to display the cal 0/cal f as stated in the instructions.
The gram/grain button does double duty in place of a cal button.

Mine has the cal button but no gram/grain button. You press the Cal button momentarily to toggle between the two settings. When I get home tonight I'll post a picture of it. For mine, the calibration weight can be either 50 grams or 700 grains

Back
Top Bottom