• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Putting armed cops in school is insane!!!

School "Resource" officers are tasked with busting kids for pot. I have never seen them guarding the doors. It may take them 5 minutes to get to the front door, if they are even in the school. Confronted with semi-auto rifle fire, I suspect most of them would call for backup. This solution is one of those feel good things that will have little influence on the next nutjob who decides to stop taking his medications.

Yes, the burdened cost (salary + benefits) of a muni PO is probably in the $100-125K range/officer. They also can't lay them off during school vacations, so these officers work regular patrol during school vacations and are paid accordingly.

Yes, the burdened cost (salary + benefits) of a muni PO is probably in the $100-125K range/officer. They also can't lay them off during school vacations, so these officers work regular patrol during school vacations and are paid accordingly.

and??? how is this a problem? especially in MA with the blue laws and civil service racket.

like i posted before, this isn't new at the national level. stuff happens at schools all the time... stabbings, shootings, fights Ect.

let the locals deal with it on their own. no need for the Federal Government to get involved at all.

I'll stand corrected but i thought Lapierre said it was up to the local

school system to decide, not the FEDS

When I went to Jr. High at Normandin in New Bedford, Armed police on school grounds were there daily and were routine. That was a rough.

i went there and it was a rough school...along with new Bedford high they had 2 police that were there all the time then they also had random 1s that watched the outside because the school was huge... Its just a sad world we live in when u need them in elementary schools :/

Back
Top Bottom