• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Putting armed cops in school is insane!!!

There are armed guards for gold, money, artwork, and other valuables. I would think that lives, especially of children, are worth more.

After a legitimate threat to the safety of airplane travelers, the G. allowed airline pilots to carry firearms and also approved of armed federal marshalls, on planes

Hard to understand why there is a such a massive backlash to the suggestion of similar precautions in public schools....

Last edited:
I think the difference is that in the cases you guys are citing the police are there to deal with the students on the inside. The NRA (and Clinton) is talking about police to protect the students from outsiders. You generally don't see police assigned to an elementary school.

To the OP, that link is priceless. Can't wait to spring it on a couple people.

"Times....they are a changin....."

Schools, people, society in general, and the dangers that now exist = are much different from even 2 or 3 decades ago.

I think the difference is that in the cases you guys are citing the police are there to deal with the students on the inside. The NRA (and Clinton) is talking about police to protect the students from outsiders. You generally don't see police assigned to an elementary school.

I went to Masconomet Regional HS (not a small school) in the 70's and we never had a police presence.
Now a days, it seems most high schools have a liaison officer stationed on campus.

"Times....they are a changin....."

Schools, people, society in general, and the dangers that now exist = are much different from even 2 or 3 decades ago.

Shit, Brockton has a School Police Dept. Actual cops....with guns. When was the last time you heard of any real violence in a Brockton school? Kind of a contrast to the rest of this lively city.....

how is someone working for a living on the .gov dole? you are already paying for LEO's - whether they make their OT for National Grid, Comcast or sitting at a school flirting with the teachers.

seriously? WTF dude? the teacher's union(s) will never allow for them to CC in New England. SRO's is the quickest and most efficient fix.

They won't use existing officers. They'll hire more, thus increasing payroll. And let's not be naive, in places where they can't get new officers hired they'll make guarding the school a detail that earns overtime, not a standard pay job.

The fact remains we don't need more police. Crime rates are still dropping and have been for decades. Allowing teachers to be armed and completely eliminating "gun free zones" are the only real responses. Anything else leads towards more gun control and more treating civilians like lepers when it comes to firearms.

No. Allow teachers the choice of being armed or not. We don't need another quasi-police force.

I meant give them a choice. I know a few teachers who would start carrying immediately. Just simply lifting the gun free school zone mandate would solve most of these occurrences. I would not support any mandate to own firearms.

For the love of God, no more government agencies. Thats my biggest fear about this. Imagine TSA in the schools or even a new federal LEO branch? Arm teaches and sports coaches, even janitors so long as they have half a brain and pass the training / background check. To make it more attractive for the teachers, offer them 2-3 bucks an hour more for being armed and supply all training related equipment for them. Being a libtard, moonbat is not quite so attractive when you can make more money for carrying a gun.

+1
They won't use existing officers. They'll hire more, thus increasing payroll. And let's not be naive, in places where they can't get new officers hired they'll make guarding the school a detail that earns overtime, not a standard pay job.

The fact remains we don't need more police. Crime rates are still dropping and have been for decades. Allowing teachers to be armed and completely eliminating "gun free zones" are the only real responses. Anything else leads towards more gun control and more treating civilians like lepers when it comes to firearms.

I meant give them a choice. I know a few teachers who would start carrying immediately. Just simply lifting the gun free school zone mandate would solve most of these occurrences. I would not support any mandate to own firearms.

Well back in my day there was a group of us that took our .22 rifles to school with us because we would go shoot after school at the gravel pit behind the school (who wanted to walk all the way back home after school to get your rifle and then walk all the way back to school to shoot?) So if some maniac came into the school to shoot the place up he would have been confronted by an army of 10 year olds shooting back and some of us were pretty darn good shots. But I guess the little "snowflakes" now-a-days are to sensitive for anything like that.

Hell I graduated from high school back in 87 in Yarmouth, Cape Cod and we had a officer. Believe it was the first year they did that there. Still remember him Steve Xiarhos. He's now the deputy chief of Yarmouth and his son was killed in Afghanistan 2008.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

it's just another cop who would otherwise be on a detail or working the road.

they are already on the payroll, like the DARE officers, Bike Patrol, Community Impact Team and any other sexy title.

and if they have to hire a few more, so what? it will cut overtime. we are paying for it anyway.

i like what Wayne said about keeping this at the local level and NOT involving the Federal Govt.

lets be realistic here. Liberals, Unions, Sheep... NFW would they allow teachers to carry. [laugh] at least in New England. Texas has it right.

Some of the cities in MA have already put cops in thier schools until further notice as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Just saying how it should be and the courses of action I support. I only have control over my own voice.

Edited: stupid iPad autoerror.

Last edited:
Well back in my day there was a group of us that took our .22 rifles to school with us because we would go shoot after school at the gravel pit behind the school (who wanted to walk all the way back home after school to get your rifle and then walk all the way back to school to shoot?) So if some maniac came into the school to shoot the place up he would have been confronted by an army of 10 year olds shooting back and some of us were pretty darn good shots. But I guess the little "snowflakes" now-a-days are to sensitive for anything like that.

I'm just picturing that and laughing my ass off. I'm seeing half a dozen 10 year olds armed with 10/22s pointing at a would be assailant who is now shitting his pants.

I live in what is considered a "safe" town with not a lot of serious crime. We have had a Policeman in our high school for the last 10 years or so. No big deal, no big concerns, no big problems, our tax dollars pay for him to be there.
The only problem I have is that most shooter plan their event and will likely know who the "guards" are and their routine. They will be the first ones shot. This is why there must be more folks in the school with CC and trained.

The only problem I have is that most shooter plan their event and will likely know who the "guards" are and their routine. They will be the first ones shot. This is why there must be more folks in the school with CC and trained.

not really. the point is to deter and NOT make yourself predictable. [thinking] irregular rounds... not just sitting at the door reading the paper.

1979 grad of concord/carlisle HS. We had 2 cops on site every day. But I think the main reason was because we had a pilot program called "Metco". Basically, city kids were bused to the burbs for school every day.

When I was growing up in Jamaica, Queens - we went through all this shit. Clear back packs, mesh back packs, metal detectors, armed guards, time cards, truancy officers - getting through the main doors was like trying to get an audience with the pope. Lot of good it did, kids still killed each other at Hilcatraz (Hillcrest High School), Jamaica High School, HS 217 etc etc etc. My brother watched as a car drove up, opened the rear window, and blasted a kid wearing a Dallas Cowboy's starter jacket (remember those?) on the steps of Jamaica High School with a shotgun. Hit him in the upper shoulder, damn near took the kids head off. Granted, in those days the kids were killing other kids, but the NYC school system went full retard. Then it all settled back to normal years after.

The less urban, more white, generally better off are now experiencing what was everyday life for some of us. Welcome to the party.

Same here. Would bring our shotguns on the bus during bird season, stack em in the office and hunt behind the school in the afternoon.
Funny I never recall anyone wetting themselves over it.
I can only guess what Grandpa would say if he could see how far the pussification of this country has progressed.
I can picture the Don Corleone slapping the god son and telling him to "act like a man " scene.[wink]
Oh and Merry Christmas all.

I also believe that the right way is allowing teachers and administrators to carry.

In MA, all it takes is a OK from the school's chief administrator for concealed carry.
Unfortunately, that won't happen without the approval of the school board.
And that won't happen without the strong approval of the voters.
In my area (I'm in the same regional school district as rudieWhiteBwoy) that means the approval of 3 different towns.

I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:
I remember when I was in Junior High, the High School kids used to be able to work on gun stocks in High School woodshop. There was a kid on my bus, the stop after mine, that used to sit in the back and sand his gun stock all the way home. Once an a while he'd have a friend with him from the next town and they'd be sanding the shit out of those stocks. The kid from the next town was a few years older than me.
I'm late for X-Mas eve dinner, so long story short. That kid from the next town killed his parents and sister. He was the youngest kid in Mass ( 15 ) , at the time, to be tried as an adult. Nobody talked about taking away guns from everybody else. Almost every kid I knew over the age of ten had a .22 or pellet gun, a few had a shotgun too.

The NRA is STUPID to suggest putting armed cops in schools.....

But Bill Clinton was brilliant to suggest the same thing

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-co...-in-schools-because-of-columbine-2546306.html

I love the only comment about this article! Does prove though that giving them millions of taxpayer dollars and military hand-me-downs, can't and won't help any of us since they are only around after the incident! I do think though that having an armed school resource officer or private security could help to limit situations like this and possibly not having schools be gun free zones! Just my thoughts like everyone else that opinions are like @$%holes and everyone has them!

Charles.

The last paragraph in the article cited below is for Clinton's call for 60 million $ for 452 police officers in schools. Do the math gang. A dimocrat wanted $132,743.00 per cop for 180 days work!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ols-forgets-bill-clinton-proposed-same-thing/

"Clinton also unveiled the $60-million fifth round of funding for “COPS in School,” a Justice Department program that helps pay the costs of placing police officers in schools to help make them safer for students and teachers. The money will be used to provide 452 officers in schools in more than 220 communities."

The last paragraph in the article cited below is for Clinton's call for 60 million $ for 452 police officers in schools. Do the math gang. A dimocrat wanted $132,743.00 per cop for 180 days work!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ols-forgets-bill-clinton-proposed-same-thing/

"Clinton also unveiled the $60-million fifth round of funding for “COPS in School,” a Justice Department program that helps pay the costs of placing police officers in schools to help make them safer for students and teachers. The money will be used to provide 452 officers in schools in more than 220 communities."

Republican critics said the federal government is a clumsy middleman in trying to cope with problems that should be addressed locally.

like i posted before, this isn't new at the national level. stuff happens at schools all the time... stabbings, shootings, fights Ect.

let the locals deal with it on their own. no need for the Federal Government to get involved at all.

In Methuen there has been police in every school at least one per school and I don't consider Methuen a high crime rate community for a long time now and I think it is a very good idea these sickos are not going to go some where that they no some one else has a weapon and is waiting for them they are looking for easy pray like at the movies or grammar schools were there are no one else with a weapon

Back
Top Bottom