• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Puerto Rico firearms laws? - (2015 IDPA championship)

spt_1955

NES Member
I just received an email from IDPA that the 2015 world championships will be in Puerto Rico in March. I've done some initial investigation and it appear that US citizens who pay $100, pass the background check and fill out lot of paperwork may be issued Puerto Rico carry permits. I cannot find any record of reciprocity with US states.

Does anybody have any knowledge concerning carrying firearms in Puerto Rico?

Also it appears that they will issue to :

1. US Citizens
2. Members of the US Military
3. Possible exceptions for Law Enforcement Officers.

SO how will international competitors be accommodated?

Shooting USA just did a segment on this. They were talking about competitors being issued a temporary LTC while at the event. The woman who runs IDPA was talking about it believe. I would think all you have to do is get in touch with your organization's HQ or a IPDA state official and they could fill you in on how to do this. I wouldn't be surprised if instructions weren't included in the entry application packet.
EDIT: have no clue on international competitors but since PR is US soil I would think no differently than when then compete on the mainland.

Last edited:
The recent issue of IDPA tactical journal has an article about logistics of going to the match. Page 16.

Back
Top Bottom