• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Puerto Rico Court Declares State Law Unconstitutional

"Because of the ruling, Barreras said, Puerto Ricans may now carry openly or concealed without a permit, and they do not need to obtain a permit before purchasing a firearm."

Wow. Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Vermont, Wyoming (for residents only) ... and Puerto Rico? Who would have thought? Arkansas is joining the club soon too.

"Because of the ruling, Barreras said, Puerto Ricans may now carry openly or concealed without a permit, and they do not need to obtain a permit before purchasing a firearm."

Wow. Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Vermont, Wyoming (for residents only) ... and Puerto Rico? Who would have thought? Arkansas is joining the club soon too.

Arkansas joined the club two years ago, before Wyoming.

Does that mean we can carry in PR while on vacation?

I've only read what was posted here, not any underlying doc. It states here "residents of PR", and if that is what the ruling actually says then visitors wouldn't be covered. Unsure, don't care as I've only been to PR twice . . . found a Wife the first time (college senior trip) and went back for the honeymoon . . . a very long time ago. Issues with the people - incompetence at both the airport and one of the fanciest hotels on the island the second time killed any desire to return again. Even had a PR manager at DEC who left the island at age 13 and never ever returned even to visit his relatives there (I can't explain that one).

So, bottom line, don't expect me to research this. Glad it happened for the people there however.

Back
Top Bottom