Psuedo-Reloading?

namedpipes

NES Member
I have several firearms that shoot obsolete cartridges.

.32 Short Rim Fire ~ $18 each but oos
.32 Extra Short Rim Fire ~ $18 each but oos
8x50R Lebel ~ $1.75 each

While editing this post, I find "Southern Ohio Gun" has .32 Long Rim Fire @ $25/box of 50. (although they will only ship to ffl)

Can these be broken down, cut shorter and reloaded? Would they be safe to use? It's okay if I can only use them for display, but it might be interesting to know they could be used.

If this IS doable, does anyone the dimensions (and method) to cut down the casing?

For the 8x50R Lebel, can these be reloaded if I can acquire a supply to start with? The rifle they run through is quite cool and I would like to try it out.

Try Grafs for 8mm Lebel cases. Lee has the dies. Bullets are a bit of a challenge as the original bullet is .329 not .323 but the .323 will work in some rifles. The milsurp on the market is not reloadable. It is Berdan primed and the primer size is different than the Berdan primers available today. Also it is usually MG ammo and can only be used in N stamped Berthiers and Lebels.

I have two boxes of 32R short by remington. Will sell for $18.00 a box, pick up only in north central Mass.
You cannot tinker with rimfire ammo due to serious risk of explosion.

I'll take you up on the offer - pm sent with email.

The idea to cut down a short to produce an extra short was a little bit of a stretch. Sooner or later I'll stumble across someone with a box or two of 32R ES and have some for that handgun too. These are obviously antiques and I might never even get the nerve to shoot them, so I'm not in a hurry.

rimfire

there is a person who makes center fire into rimfire.use search and you'l find it.graf has 8mm lebel brass for $39 per 100.[priv partizan brand][rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom