• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PRS Rimfire Bipods?

Cuz

NES Member
I'm sure I need a new bipod, and I'm too stupid to wait until I can get to a match to see what everyone else is using, so.....

I'm looking at the Atlas bipods and I'm trying to figure out their different models. It would seem to me that you may not want your bipod to allow canting the rifle, but I can't understand why you wouldn't want the ability to pan left or right a few degrees. Am I missing something???

Comparing the 5H model BT-35 to the CAL model BT-65, but haven't ruled out the PSR model BT-46. I already have a BT-10, so who wants to have another of the same.

Help.

Atlas Cal or MDT Ckye pod for the win...

In case you haven't seen it...

View: https://youtu.be/JMo_HXAoIVI?si=w4bBapGGNQwZhC-d

Thanks, I hadn't seen that, but studying them on the website gave me the same info, just without as much detail.
The MDT is way out of my price range, especially since I am also going to need a scope as well.

But, I still don't understand why you would want a bipod that doesn't pan?
I think now, I'm actually leaning more towards the PSR (BT-46), but not totally sure why, mostly because it has pan and is a little more sturdy than the BT-10.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that, but studying them on the website gave me the same info, just without as much detail.
The MDT is way out of my price range, especially since I am also going to need a scope as well.

But, I still don't understand why you would want a bipod that doesn't pan?
I think now, I'm actually leaning more towards the PSR (BT-46), but not totally sure why, mostly because it has pan and is a little more sturdy than the BT-10.
Ideally you want your bipod and body square to the rifle so you can load the bipod and the recoil tracks straight back. Plus, running a multi-position stage with a bipod that's freely swiveling around as you move between positions is a PITA. You definitely want cant so you can adjust for uneven terrain/props.

Edit: I realize this is specifically about rimfire but it's good to build consistent habits.

For atlas, my vote would be cal or super cal.

My overall vote would be the accutac sr5 or wb5, though.

Last edited:
I can only add - don't cheap out. I got a magpul which is decent most of the time, but the cant adjustment keeps loosening which is super annoying. I thought spending over $100 was enough (especially with great reviews of $30 Amazon ones) and I didn't want to spring for a ckye pod. I should have gone at least a little higher.

Back
Top Bottom