• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Providence Police Chief

Has anyone had any experience with the Providence Police when it comes to applying for a concealed carry permit? Is it worth applying for if you live in downtown Providence?

Chief Shinybadge is definitely not friendly. He's as much as part of the Machine as is the Mayor (His Dishonor).

There was recently a lawsuit against the COP for a permit. I think the applicant won but don't know the real-world oucome.

Check over on cralri.com . The Citizens Rights Action League keeps close tabs on these developments.

The current GOP candidate for AG, Erik Wallen, is an excellent guy who is on record as a strong supporter of 2A and a reasonable approach to issuing permits.

I got my (NR) RI permit without any problem, but I went through the AG's office and enlisted the assistance of an attorney admitted to the RI Bar.

I saw something a while back that listed the number of permits issued by town in RI. I think Providence was zero.

If you're serious, spend a few bucks on a lawyer and go through the AG.

To my knowlage, the gentleman who filed the suit has received his application, but has not filed it yet. You could always try calling the licencing division and request an app, if they stonewall you remind them of Gillette v Esserman.

Back
Top Bottom